The following seven degrees/certificates are awarded by the College to students who meet graduation requirements.
- Associate of Arts (AA)
- Associate of Fine Arts (AFA)
- Associate of General Studies (AGS)
- Associate of Science (AS)
- Associate of Applied Science (AAS)
- Technical Certificate (TC)
- Certificate (CT)
To graduate with one of the above degrees or certificates, the student must:
- Attain a minimum grade point average of 2.00 in the required technical and general education courses;
- Completion of at least 15 degree credits in the curriculum as a regular student of Ivy Tech, and not through test-out or other means of advanced placement;
- Successfully complete the required number of credits;
- Satisfy all financial obligations due the College; and
- Satisfy program accreditation standards that may have additional requirements.
Each student entering the final semester prior to graduation must complete an Application for Graduation. You can apply online through MyIvy by following these easy steps:
- Log into MyIvy
- Click Student > Advising > Apply to Graduate
- Follow the instructions on the screen to select your curriculum, name to appear on the diploma, mailing address and whether you will be attending the commencement ceremony
The College recognizes three levels of honors for graduating students, based upon cumulative Grade Point Average:
- 4.00 Summa Cum Laude
- 3.75-3.99 Magna Cum Laude
- 3.50-3.74 Cum Laude
Calculation of academic honors, if listed for publication in the graduation ceremony program, will be as of the semester prior to graduation. Honors recorded on the transcript will include the graduation term in the calculation.