About the Bowen Scholars Program
The Bowen Scholars Program is a scholarship program that can help you turn your dreams into a realistic career so you can make a better life for yourself, your family. You will also have the opportunity to give back! This program offers:
- Support services
- $1,000 living allowance each semester
- Much more!
- African-Americans who attend or plan to attend Ivy Tech Community College (must be a U.S. citizen)
- Completion of at least 6 college-level credits from Ivy Tech at the time of application
- Residents of Marion County are given preference
How to Apply
Need some help? We are here for you! If you have any questions at any point of the application process, contact us at email@example.com.
Don't forget to:
- Complete FAFSA for academic year of application
- Request 1-2 recommendation letters
If selected for an interview, you will be required to attend an interview workshop to give you more information about the Bowen Scholars program. Good luck!
To remain eligible for this scholarship, you must participate in:
- Individualized guidance, mentoring and tutoring
- Service learning & cultural events
- Monthly advising & student meetings
Meet our Staff
Meet the Bowens
Robert L. Bowen, Founder and CEO of Bowen Engineering, together with his wife Terry, have a deep commitment to the African-American community of Marion County and the surrounding area.
The Bowens believe that given an opportunity, a person can increase his or her earning potential, improve self-esteem, and set an example for future generations and strive to help our students achieve that.