Application deadline extended to April 15th!
What is the Nina Scholars Program?
The Nina Scholars Program provides a scholarship award to assist with the student's cost of attendance at Ivy Tech Community College. The Nina Scholars Program provides financial support toward the cost of attendance for up to four years at Ivy Tech including books, fees and a living allowance of $3,200 annually.
Who Can Apply?
Individuals who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Students 18-25 with a history of abuse, neglect, a lack of effective family support and or experience in public foster care
- College-aged youth and adults with physical disabilities
- Adults who have dependents in their family unit
What are the criteria?
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Have completed no more than 24 degree-applicable, college level credits.
- Be working toward their first college degree
- Be a US citizen and resident of Indiana
- Demonstrate financial need, with priority given to those with a household income of 80% or less of the median income for Marion County (approximately $39,150 annually). NOTE: Applicants must complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
NOTE: Applicants must complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Have completed no more than 24 degree-applicable, college level credits.
To remain eligible for this scholarship, you must participate in:
- Individualized guidance, mentoring and tutoring
- Service learning & cultural events
- Monthly advising & student meetings