Here is some helpful information regarding summer financial aid at Ivy Tech Community College:
- FAFSA: Information from your 2020-21 FAFSA will be used to determine your financial aid eligibility for the summer 2021 semester. If you have already filed the 2020-21 FAFSA, you do not need to re-file. If you need to add Ivy Tech to your FAFSA, our school code is 009917.
- Registration: Registration for summer 2021 classes begins on March 22. Once registered, your campus Financial Aid Office will review your eligibility for summer financial aid within 14 days. Updates will be posted on MyIvy in the Financial Aid area.
- Credit hour requirements: Credit hour requirements for summer semesters are the same as fall and spring semesters. Students must be enrolled at least half-time in order to receive a loan.
- 12 credit hours and more = full-time
- 9-11 credit hours = three-quarters time
- 6-8 credit hours = half-time
- 1-5 credit hours = less than half-time
- Guest students: Guest students are not eligible for most types of financial aid. Payment plans are available for your tuition and fees, if needed.
- Loan request: If you have loan eligibility remaining for the aid year and need to use it in the summer, you can complete the online Federal Direct Student Loan Request form (this form is not required for any other type of financial aid). Loan requests can take up to 14 days to process.
- Priority date: To ensure your awards are processed by the start of summer classes, students must apply AND submit all requested forms, including verification and/or loan requests to the Ivy Tech Financial Aid Office by the May 1st priority date.
- State Aid: Students who did not receive their full annual award amount during the previous fall and spring semesters may be eligible to receive the remaining balance of certain awards in summer. This includes guest students who are not degree seeking at Ivy Tech during the summer. If you began receiving your annual award in the spring semester, you may request to use a portion of the remaining balance in summer (instead of the upcoming fall semester) by completing a Summer State Aid Request form (contact your financial aid office for details).
If you have any questions about financial aid, visit ivytech.edu/help or call us at 888-IVY-LINE.