What is the Nina Scholars Program?
The Nina Scholars Program provides a scholarship award to assist with the student's cost of attendance at Ivy Tech Community College. The Nina Scholars Program provides financial support toward the cost of attendance for up to four years at Ivy Tech including books, fees and a living allowance of $2,750 annually.
Who can apply?
Individuals who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Incoming freshmen ages 18-25 who were raised in the child welfare system and have no other means of financial support
- College-aged youth and adults with physical disabilities
- Adults ages 25 or older who have dependents in their family unit
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be working toward their first college degree
- Be a US citizen and resident of Indiana
- Demonstrate financial need, with priority given to those with a household income of 80% or less of the median income for Marion County (approximately $36,750 annually).
NOTE: Applicants must complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Have completed no more than 24 degree-applicable, college level credits. This includes current semester credits enrolled in at the time of application.
To remain eligible for this scholarship, you must participate in:
- Individualized guidance, mentoring and tutoring
- Service learning & cultural events
- Monthly advising & student meetings