There’s nothing better than getting something for free – especially when it’s money. Scholarships give you the ability to earn free money for college, in other words, it doesn’t have to be repaid. With Ivy Tech Community College’s already affordable tuition, you are guaranteed to get the best deal for your education. Scholarships are based on a number of things, including financial need, academic performance or even both!
Ready to get started? Here are a few things you need to know:
- To qualify for scholarships you must first be enrolled at Ivy Tech. Get started at IvyTech.edu/NewStudents
- Financial need is a criterion for most scholarships. Be sure to complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) before applying for scholarships. The FAFSA will also qualify you for federal aid as well - giving you a greater opportunity to receive aid.
- You should also complete a scholarship application, which is available on MyIvy. Just log in to MyIvy and click on "Billing and Financial Aid" under the student dashboard.
- Keep in mind that you only have to complete one scholarship application for each academic year to be eligible for most Ivy Tech scholarships.
- Ivy Tech offers approximately 600 scholarships worth $6 million. There are options for every type of student, and all you have to do is complete one scholarship application!
Scholarships are often offered at campus or community levels. Ivy Tech scholarships are typically awarded close to the beginning of each semester. Students can see if they received an Ivy Tech scholarship by logging in to MyIvy and viewing their financial aid awards.
Please complete an application for Admission before logging into MyIvy and applying for scholarships.
- Log in to MyIvy
- Click on Student > Billing and Financial Aid
- Click the Apply for Scholarships link
For help getting started, please reference our scholarship application help guide.
Below is a list of scholarships offered statewide and at specific Ivy Tech campuses: