Hours of Operation:
Mondays 8:30 AM-5:00 PM
Tuesdays 8:30 AM-7:00 PM
Wednesdays 8:30 AM-5:00 PM
Thursdays 8:30 AM-7:00 PM
Fridays 8:30 AM-4:00 PM
Saturdays* 8:30 AM-2:00 PM
*Open: Two Saturdays per month.
Please request an appointment at www.ivytech.edu/schedulenow
Laura Hobgood, Manager
Mary Guntel, Proctor
To Send Exams:
- Must show Ivy Tech ID to pick up exams or gain information about student testing.
- Testing Services will not test an entire class as a make-up unless approved in writing by the Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs. Otherwise, it is just for those few who cannot attend class due to a valid absence, have official accommodations, or are enrolled in a Distance Education course.
- Must complete a proctoring form in order for the test to be administered.
- Test extensions must be made in writing by the instructor. Emailed extensions from an Ivy Tech account are acceptable.
- Testing Services staff are not permitted to make changes to the proctoring form. If a change is required, the instructor must come to the center to make the changes or send an e-mail from his/her Ivy Tech account.
- Tests are accepted by email only. Please email email@example.com.
- Testing Services will not accept tests and/or extensions given to a student to deliver to the center.
- Please be aware of the increase in testing volume during midterms and finals week. We ask that make-up tests be kept to a minimum during those times.
- All students must present a valid, government-issued photo ID.
- It is preferred that all students make an appointment at least 48 hours in advance. Walk-ins will be accepted as space and staffing permits.
- Appointments will not be made for students if the proctor form has not been received by Testing Services.
- Must provide course number and instructor's name when scheduling an exam.
- Are not permitted to return tests to instructors.
- Must lock up all personal belongings. If students have large rolling book bags, it is requested that these not be brought into the testing center as the lockers will not accommodate them.
- May not leave and return later to finish an exam after starting.
- May not access their locker after beginning an exam.
- Will not be given accommodations if DSS has not provided the necessary documentation.
- No one is able to wait in the Testing Services lobby due to vendor requirements.
- If a student is suspected of cheating, the proctor will ask another staff member to serve as a second witness.
- The proctor will inform the student that he/she was not following the guidelines set by the instructor.
- The proctor will report the incident to the instructor, dean, Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs and Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs.