Fees and other expenses
- Consumable fees apply for some programs and courses
- Distance Education Fee: $20 per credit hour for each online class
- Nursing or Practical Nursing Program Fee: There is a charge of $125 per semester for students in either program.
- Dental Hygiene Program Fee: There is a charge of $125 per semester.
- Paralegal/Legal Studies Program Fee: There is a charge of $25 per semester.
- Radiation Therapy Program Fee: There is a charge of $200 per fall and spring semesters. The fees include radiation monitoring, access to clinical data system, and Virtual Environment Radiotherapy Training (VERT) support.
- Honors College Program Fee: There is a charge of $900 for full-time (12+ credits) and $750 for part time (<12 credits) per fall and spring semester. Learn more about the Honors College program.
- Technology Fee: The student technology fee is $75.00 per semester. The technology fee is designed to offset the costs of the College’s technical infrastructure.
- Books: Costs vary by course. The average cost for books and supplies is $39.23 per credit hour (based on an average of 13 credit hours per semester)
- Inclusive Access Lists (etextbook fees):
- Tools: For some courses, students must furnish hand tools and specialized equipment.
- Uniforms: Certain programs require uniforms or special safety clothing.
- Miscellaneous fees (ex: transcripts, tests, etc.)
Many types of financial aid are available, such as grants, scholarships and student loans. Visit our Financial Aid website for more information.
Payment of Fees
Payment of tuition and fees for the Fall 2020 term is based on your earliest starting class:
- For courses that begin the week of August 10, 2020, payment is due Friday, August 7, 2020.
- For courses that begin between August 17 and October 24, 2020, payment is due Friday, August 14, 2020.
- For courses that begin on or after October 26, 2020, payment is due Friday, October 16, 2020.
Payment methods include:
- Financial aid
- Personal check
- Make checks payable to Ivy Tech Community College with the student name and C Number in the memo line
- ACH (online only)
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express credit/debit card (credit/debit cards accepted online only)
- A minimal service fee will apply for each credit/debit card transaction
- Tuition payment plan
Online Payment Instructions
Tuition Payment Plan
If your federal student aid or loans do not cover the cost of your tuition and/or you just need assistance paying for college, one option is Ivy Tech's Tuition Payment Plan. The Tuition Payment Plan provides a low cost option for budgeting tuition and fees. It is not a loan program, therefore, you have no debt, there are no interest or finance charges assessed, and there is no credit check. The only cost is a $30.00 non-refundable enrollment fee. You can choose to make your monthly payments directly from your bank account or by credit card. MasterCard, American Express, Visa, and Discover are accepted.
If you'd like to find out more and see what students are saying about the Tuition Payment Plan, click here or contact the business/bursar office at the campus nearest you.