Skip to main content

Work Study Programs

Federal or state work study programs are another way to help pay for college.

All types of work study require you to work a specific number of hours each week, and to be paid on a biweekly basis. Work study jobs can be on or off campus.

Federal Work Study Program

Federal Work-Study (FWS) provides part-time jobs for students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. The program encourages community service work and work related to the recipient's course of study.

This is federal need-based employment, and the amount and position may vary. You must be enrolled at least half-time to be eligible. Students must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to become eligible and then can apply for Campus Work Study at their local financial aid office.

Employment Aid Readiness Network (EARN) Indiana

This is a state work study program for which students without a prior bachelor’s degree are eligible, but must be Indiana residents with financial needs and enrolled full-time. EARN Indiana partners with Indiana INTERNnet to match students and employers; maximizing students’ academic success and career achievement, while helping employers find the perfect fit.

To learn more, visit