**The Fitness Center will reopen on Monday, August 9. Please review the updated policies at this link: Click here. Please refer to the Ivy Tech Wellness and Fitness Center on Facebook and Instagram to stay up-to-date on events and offerings**
The Ivy Tech Wellness and Fitness Center is currently hiring. We are looking for a Part-Time Fitness Coordinator. Apply here.
We are also hiring Work Studies and non-paid internship positions. Apply here for Work Study position and scroll down to the center of this page for more information on applying for an internship. If you have questions about these positions, please reach out to Amy Lutzel, Wellness Manager, at email@example.com.
Welborn Foundation Wellness & Fitness Center
The Welborn Foundation Wellness & Fitness Center is the only such center in the Ivy Tech system. A grant awarded by the Welborn Baptist Foundation has allowed students to enjoy these free services for over a decade. It is located on the Evansville Campus in Room 142.
The Fitness Center offers cardio and strength workout areas. It is staffed by professionals trained to design personal workout programs and healthy nutritional choices. The Center is staffed Monday- Thursday and also offers group exercise classes. Services include:
- Annual wellness fair with free screenings and educational material;
- Confidential Counseling in the Lamkin Center;
- Group exercise classes
- Cybex weight equipment, free weights, kettle bells, medicine balls, stability balls and bands;
- Treadmills, ARC trainers, ellipticals, recumbent bikes, stationary bike, stair stepper and row machine;
- Locker rooms with showers and hairdryers; please bring your own towel and combination lock or padlock
- Certified Personal Trainers;
- Health and Wellness Coaching;
- Personal fitness assessments;
- Personal workout programs;
- Incentive programs to improve muscular strength, cardiovascular endurance, flexibility and weight management;
- Wellness and fitness contests;
- Wellness resource library includes books, videos, etc.;
- Lactation room; and
- Relaxation Lounge
Fitness Center Open Registration Hours
Mondays 1:00 - 4:00
Tuesdays 9:00 - 12:00
or by appointment (812) 429-0585 or firstname.lastname@example.org
All Ivy Tech Evansville students, faculty and staff may utilize the Fitness Center by presenting either a current class schedule OR current Ivy Tech ID, by signing a Release of Liability form, and having a Key Fob. The key fob is a one-time fee of $5. You may print out these forms or pick them up at the Fitness Center. You’re required to scan in with your key fob on each visit. Please note YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ACCESS WITHOUT YOUR KEY FOB. Please refer to this link for complete details on Fitness Center Registration.
Please read over the Fitness Center Policies carefully. We will provide you a copy of the policies when you join the Fitness Center. If you have any concerning medical issues, you may be required to complete a Physician's Statement and Clearance Form if you need assistance with a personal workout plan.
You have the option of scheduling an orientation on how to properly use the exercise equipment. Please allow approximately 30 minutes for the orientation. You may call (812) 429-0585 or e-mail email@example.com for an appointment.
Health and Wellness Coaching
If you are needing someone to help energize and challenge you to reach your wellness goals, then a Health and Wellness Coach may be for you! A Wellness Coach uses positive psychology to help find your strengths and will help you overcome any obstacles that may come your way.
If you are interested in making an appointment with a Coach and want to learn more about it, please visit the web page, What is Wellness Coaching? Then, contact Amy Lutzel, Wellness Coordinator and Coach, at (812) 429-0582 or firstname.lastname@example.org, and she will talk to you more about coaching and have you complete a confidential online Well-Being Assessment
Welborn Foundation Wellness & Fitness Center Internship Program
September Wellness Calendar
Come Walk With Me - September 4
QPR Suicide Prevention Trainings - September 8, 9, 30
Lemonade Stand Gathering - September 14
Walktober - October 1- 31 - For details and to register Click Here. Weekly Online Log Sheet.
Ivy Tech Bike to School Day - October 6
Wellness in the Park - October 23
Please watch this video to learn about ways to practice basic self-care and how the Ivy Tech Evansville Wellness Center staff can help you, virtually - https://youtu.be/braKsa32guo
Some students may feel that self-care takes time and money, like getting a massage or taking a vacation. While those are excellent options, it doesn’t have to be that complicated. You can take small steps that might be as simple as getting more sleep every night or learning how to set boundaries and knowing your limits. Self-care might involve making a list of your strengths or things you’re grateful for or it might involve rewarding yourself when you reach a goal. Refilling prescriptions and keeping up with doctor appointments and health screenings are also a part of self-care. But, it’s all about baby steps.
While we couldn’t include everything in this video, we believe many of the options will have you managing stress and feeling better in no time. The key is to practice these things on a regular basis in order to make them habits. And, remember, to ask for help when you need it. ❤️
- We caught up with some Ivy Tech graduates to talk to them about their journeys to wellness. You can view the video interviews at this link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf1WKsLjQc7TGEsU58VWM0vuri7V5_-9X
- For Trails and Parks in Evansville and the surrounding area, check out the many different options on our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf1WKsLjQc7RntAnB8uW2FQQ-0s0qrI2d
- Check out our Healthy Family and Kids Series where you can learn about healthy options for your kids: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf1WKsLjQc7SY8jYdd_2X-XHaZXGpfukH
- Home Workout Routines: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf1WKsLjQc7TKLfTyOgyHNRZj9hDj3nEq
- Meditation and Basic Yoga: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf1WKsLjQc7Te3G1xaAfHbogetAZ97cf7
We understand that eating healthy can be challenging, so we are offering these free healthy recipes to make it more convenient for you.
Eating healthy really can be delicious without making you broke. Most ingredients in these recipes were bought at Walmart, Aldi, Ruler Foods, and local Farmer’s Markets to help keep the cost down.
The recipes are listed in the following categories. Just click on each link to open the file:
If you have any special dietary restrictions, please consult with your medical doctor or a dietician before trying any new types of food or supplements for the first time.
For questions about any of the recipes, please contact Amy Lutzel, Wellness and Fitness Coordinator at email@example.com.
Get a handle on your health with a fast and free Health Risk Assessment.The Health Risk Assessment shows how your lifestyle choices affect your health. See what you can do to be healthier and live a longer life.