Welborn Foundation Wellness & Fitness Center
The Welborn Foundation Wellness & Fitness Center is the only such center in the Ivy Tech system. A grant awarded by the Welborn Baptist Foundation has allowed students to enjoy these free services for over a decade. It is located on the Evansville Campus in Room 142.
The Fitness Center offers cardio and strength workout areas. It is staffed by professionals trained to design personal workout programs and healthy nutritional choices. The Center is open Monday- Friday and also offers group exercise classes daily. Services include:
- Semi-annual wellness fair with free screenings and educational material;
- Confidential Counseling in the Lamkin Center;
- Student Wellness Success Story - June 2016
- Group exercise classes
- Cybex weight equipment, free weights, kettle bells, medicine balls, stability balls and bands;
- Treadmills, ARC trainers, ellipticals, recumbent bikes, stationary bike, stair stepper and row machine;
- Locker rooms with showers and hairdryers;
- Towel service;
- Certified Personal Trainers;
- Health and Wellness Coaching;
- Personal fitness assessments;
- Personal workout programs;
- Incentive programs to improve muscular strength, cardiovascular endurance, flexibility and weight management;
- Wellness and fitness contests;
- Wellness resource library includes books, videos, etc.;
- Lactation room; and
- Relaxation room.
All Ivy Tech Southwest students and staff may utilize the Fitness Center with a valid student or employee ID after completing the Client Data Questionnaire and Policies form and taking a tour of the facility. You may also be required to complete a Physician's Statement form.
You have the option of scheduling a more detailed orientation on how to use the exercise equipment. Please allow approximately 25-30 minutes for the orientation and call (812) 429-0585 for an appointment.
Health and Wellness Coaching
If you are needing someone to help energize and challenge you to reach your wellness goals, then a Health and Wellness Coach may be for you! A Wellness Coach uses positive psychology to help find your strengths and will help you overcome any obstacles that may come your way.
If you are interested in making an appointment with a Coach and want to learn more about it, please visit the web page, What is Wellness Coaching? Then, contact Amy Lutzel, Wellness Coordinator and Coach, at (812) 429-0582 or email@example.com, and she will talk to you more about coaching and have you complete a confidential online Well-Being Assessment
Welborn Foundation Wellness & Fitness Center Internship Program
- Healthy Recipes - Revised 03/2019
- March Wellness Calendar
- April Wellness Calendar
- Nutrition Madness Calendar - Earn points while learning healthier eating habits!
- Kindness Health Facts
- Put it Out Before it Puts You Out
- Walking Group
- Wellness Fair and Mental Health Expo - April 10
- Spring 2019 - Fitness Center Registration and Orientation Schedule
Get a handle on your health with a fast and free Health Risk Assessment. The Health Risk Assessment shows how your lifestyle choices affect your health. See what you can do to be healthier and live a longer life.