Welborn Foundation Wellness & Fitness Center
The Welborn Foundation Wellness & Fitness Center is the only such center in the Ivy Tech system. A grant awarded by the Welborn Baptist Foundation has allowed students to enjoy these free services for over a decade. It is located on the Evansville Campus in Room 142.
The Fitness Center offers cardio and strength workout areas. It is staffed by professionals trained to design personal workout programs and healthy nutritional choices. The Center is staffed Monday- Friday and also offers group exercise classes. Services include:
- Annual wellness fair with free screenings and educational material;
- Confidential Counseling in the Lamkin Center;
- Student Wellness Success Story - June 2016
- Group exercise classes
- Cybex weight equipment, free weights, kettle bells, medicine balls, stability balls and bands;
- Treadmills, ARC trainers, ellipticals, recumbent bikes, stationary bike, stair stepper and row machine;
- Locker rooms with showers and hairdryers;
- Towel service;
- Certified Personal Trainers;
- Health and Wellness Coaching;
- Personal fitness assessments;
- Personal workout programs;
- Incentive programs to improve muscular strength, cardiovascular endurance, flexibility and weight management;
- Wellness and fitness contests;
- Wellness resource library includes books, videos, etc.;
- Lactation room; and
- Relaxation room.
All Ivy Tech Evansville students, faculty and staff may utilize the Fitness Center by presenting either a current class schedule OR current Ivy Tech ID, by signing a Release of Liability form, and having a Key Fob. The key fob is a one-time fee of $5. You may print out these forms or pick them up at the Fitness Center. You’re required to scan in with your key fob on each visit. Please note YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ACCESS WITHOUT YOUR KEY FOB. Please refer to this link for complete details on Fitness Center Registration.
Please read over the Fitness Center Policies carefully. We will provide you a copy of the policies when you join the Fitness Center. If you have any concerning medical issues, you may be required to complete a Physician's Statement and Clearance Form if you need assistance with a personal workout plan.
You have the option of scheduling an orientation on how to properly use the exercise equipment. Please allow approximately 30 minutes for the orientation. You may call (812) 429-0585 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.
Health and Wellness Coaching
If you are needing someone to help energize and challenge you to reach your wellness goals, then a Health and Wellness Coach may be for you! A Wellness Coach uses positive psychology to help find your strengths and will help you overcome any obstacles that may come your way.
If you are interested in making an appointment with a Coach and want to learn more about it, please visit the web page, What is Wellness Coaching? Then, contact Amy Lutzel, Wellness Coordinator and Coach, at (812) 429-0582 or email@example.com, and she will talk to you more about coaching and have you complete a confidential online Well-Being Assessment
Welborn Foundation Wellness & Fitness Center Internship Program
- January Wellness Calendar
- February Wellness Calendar
- Group Exercise Classes
- Kindness Health Facts
- Let's Talk About Sex and Free HIV Clinic - February 13
- Blood Pressure Screening/Heart Disease Awareness - February 19
- Eating Disorders Awareness Week - February 24 - 28
- Paws 'N Relax Pet Therapy - First Tuesday of the Month
We understand that eating healthy can be challenging, so we are offering these free healthy recipes to make it more convenient for you.
Eating healthy really can be delicious without making you broke. Most ingredients in these recipes were bought at Walmart, Aldi, Ruler Foods, and local Farmer’s Markets to help keep the cost down.
The recipes are listed in the following categories. Just click on each link to open the file:
If you have any special dietary restrictions, please consult with your medical doctor or a dietician before trying any new types of food or supplements for the first time.
For questions about any of the recipes, please contact Amy Lutzel, Wellness and Fitness Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get a handle on your health with a fast and free Health Risk Assessment.The Health Risk Assessment shows how your lifestyle choices affect your health. See what you can do to be healthier and live a longer life.