The Achieve Your Degree Program is a partnership between Ivy Tech Community College and community businesses and institutions to offer employees the opportunity to receive a free community college education.
Achieve Your Degree Design
Companies that offer tuition reimbursement as a benefit to their employees or institutions with access to funding for their members are uniquely positioned to partner with Ivy Tech to assist students to pursue their education with minimal up-front cost to the student.
Ivy Tech assists students with the college and financial aid application process and defers billing until the end of the semester - ensuring students take advantage of any financial aid opportunities they qualify for. Company reimbursement plans then cover the balance per company policy.
In-state tuition is offered to all students regardless of their primary residence. A combination of face to face and distance education courses ensures that students can maintain their work schedule while attending classes.
Cohorts of IVYT Student Success courses are created for Achieve Your Degree Students in order to provide communication and services to students’ unique needs.
Who Can Enroll?
Employees who have not completed an associate degree or higher, applicable to their current position are eligible to enroll.
Support for Student and Employer
On-site application assistance and academic advising are provided for students by Ivy Tech faculty and staff in order to accommodate busy work schedules and ensure appropriate course schedules. Ivy Tech will also provide individualized advising, financial aid and tutoring to foster employee success. Ivy Tech will also provide all employers with the necessary marketing collaterals needed to advertise the program.
Achieve Your Degree Benefits
- Financial barriers are removed for students wishing to further their education through the tuition deferral and financial aid process.
- Uniquely designed Career Development Certificates, which are embedded within Technical Certificates and Associate degrees and Transfer Single Articulation Pathway (TSAP) degrees, provide professional and career pathways within companies at a reduced cost to the employer.
- Opportunities for transfer to four-year institutions via the Transfer Articulation Agreement Pathways (TSAPs) are a more cost effective use of limited company tuition reimbursement dollars and can replace internal professional development training.
- Employers and community institutions can develop higher skilled employees from within which reduces turnover, fosters company loyalty and increases the community value of this program.
- Employees developed through the Achieve Your Degree program become more involved in the surrounding community and are more loyal to your organization.
AYD in the News
Old National Bank
Terre Haute Savings
Deaconess & Deaconess Women’s Hospital
Evansville Vanderburgh School Corp
Vigo County School Corporation
Powerpoint and Flyer coming soon!