The Achieve Your Degree Program is a partnership between Ivy Tech Community College and community businesses and institutions to offer employees the opportunity to receive a community college education at minimal cost.
How To Get Started
To learn more about the Achieve Your Degree Program at your local Ivy Tech Campus check out the dropdown below or email Stacy Townsley at email@example.com.
How Achieve Your Degree Works
Companies that offer tuition benefits to their employees or institutions with access to funding for their members are uniquely positioned to partner with Ivy Tech to assist students to pursue their education with minimal up-front cost to the student.
Ivy Tech assists students with the college and financial aid application process and defers billing until the end of the semester - ensuring students take advantage of any financial aid opportunities they qualify for. Company tuition plans then cover the balance per company policy.
In-state tuition is offered to all students regardless of their primary residence. A combination of face to face and distance education courses ensures that students can maintain their work schedule while attending classes.
Cohorts of IVYT Student Success courses can be created for Achieve Your Degree Students in order to provide communication and services to students’ unique needs.
Achieve Your Degree Benefits
- Financial barriers are removed for students wishing to further their education through the tuition deferral and financial aid process.
- Uniquely designed Career Certificates, which are embedded within Technical Certificates and Associate degrees, as well as our Transfer as a Junior programs (officially known as Transfer Single Articulation Pathway (TSAP) degrees), provide professional and career pathways within companies at a reduced cost to the employer.
- Opportunities for transfer to four-year institutions via Transfer as a Junior programs are a more cost effective use of limited company tuition benefit dollars and can replace internal professional development training.
- Employers and community institutions can develop higher skilled employees from within which reduces turnover, fosters company loyalty and increases the community value of this program.
- Employees developed through the Achieve Your Degree program become more involved in the surrounding community and are more loyal to your organization.
Support for Student and Employer
On-site application assistance and academic advising are provided for students by Ivy Tech faculty and staff in order to accommodate busy work schedules and ensure appropriate course schedules. Ivy Tech will also provide individualized advising, financial aid and tutoring to foster employee success. Ivy Tech will also provide all employers with the necessary marketing collaterals needed to advertise the program.
Achieve Your Degree and the Indiana Chamber of Commerce
In partnership with the Indiana Chamber of Commerce, all member companies participating in Achieve Your Degree that have employer-paid tuition assistance programs will receive a five percent net tuition rebate. By participating in Achieve Your Degree, Indiana Chamber of Commerce members can skill-up their current workforce and allow employees to earn a free credential through on-campus and online coursework.
AYD Statewide Company Partnerships:
Note: Ivy Tech locations also work with several local AYD partners, reach out to your campus AYD contact for more info.