College Goal Sunday is an event held at nearly sites across Indiana that provides FREE FAFSA filing assistance to Hoosier families. At College Goal Sunday, now in its 31st year, financial aid professionals from Indiana colleges and universities help students complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Students seeking federal and state grants, loans and scholarships, MUST complete the form. The FAFSA is the most important financial aid form and MUST be received by the federal processor on or before April 15, 2020 for Indiana residents to be eligible for state aid.
When and where is College Goal Sunday?
The second College Goal Sunday event of 2019-2020 school year will take place at 2 p.m. (local time) Sunday, February 23, 2020, at multiple sites throughout the state. To find the site(s) nearest you, refer to the locations tab on CollegeGoalSunday.org.
College Goal Sunday events will be hosted at the following Ivy Tech locations:
- East Chicago
- Fort Wayne
- Terre Haute
Who should attend College Goal Sunday?
College Goal Sunday is geared toward all who will qualify for admission to a college or technical school in 2020 such as Indiana high school seniors, current college students and adult learners. Basically, anyone who would like help completing the FAFSA!
What should students bring to College Goal Sunday?
Below are the items a student needs to bring to complete their FAFSA. Information should be for the student and if applicable the parent(s).
- Federal student aid (FDA) identification number and FSA ID username and password. Create your FSA ID at fsaid.ed.gov. Student and a parent (if applicable) need a FSA ID to sign the FAFSA form!
- Social security number
- Driver’s license number
- If you are not a U.S. citizen, alien registration number or permanent residence card
- 2018 W-2 forms or other records of money earned or received
- Untaxed income, including workers compensation, child support, housing, food and other living allowances, veterans’ benefits, etc.
- Bank statements
- Current investment and bank records