About IvyWorks Indy Women in Tech
IvyWorks Indy Women in Tech (IWiT) is a program at Ivy Tech Community College designed to give students the support they need to earn industry-backed credentials and build a career in Indiana’s fastest-growing fields.
It provides strategic professional development, business networking and wraparound support, so participants can earn their degree and excel in their career.
Ivy Tech offers a variety of programs in high demand fields, which were designed with input from industry leaders. By partnering with high demand programs in technology, IvyWorks IWiT increases access to workforce credentials and associate degree programs.
IvyWorks/IWiT is supported the Indy Women in Tech Foundation and creates unique opportunities for female Ivy Tech students pursuing careers in computing, informatics and information technology. As one of the fastest growing technology hubs in the country, tech companies are relocating to Indiana and expanding their workforces in record numbers.
IvyWorks/IWit is a program at Ivy Tech Community College designed to give students the support they need to earn industry-backed credentials and build a career in Indiana’s fastest-growing fields. Benefits that set this program apart include:
- Flexibility: We work with students and employers to provide flexible class scheduling and advising. Class offerings include both in-class and online options.
- Professional Development: IvyWorks/IWiT provides specialized soft-skill workshops and offers one-to-one career advising.
- Career Networking: Students in IvyWorks are able to connect with the labor market and expand career pathways through site visits, employer panels and hiring events. IvyWorks/IWiT connects students to industry and peer leaders in order to increase awareness of opportunities and pathways to employment.
- Wraparound Support: IvyWorks/IWiT staff work to identify and connect students to resources that support their success and independence.
- Scholarships: Participants may be eligible for scholarships to help cover costs and wrap around services to address financial barriers.
- New or current Ivy Tech student (2.0 GPA minimum)
- Academic and financial good standing
- FAFSA on file with Ivy Tech
- Enrolled in an Ivy Tech School of Information Technology Program