Home > Veteran Services

Mission Statement

Ivy Tech is dedicated to providing military members, veterans and their families the support they need to transition from military service to a college education.  We commit ourselves to helping students build a solid foundation for their future through a veteran-friendly campus environment.  The Veteran Services Office is a comprehensive resource available to answer questions, certify enrollments and assist with academic progress monitoring while focusing on the unique needs of our military community all within a framework of quality customer service in a timely manner.

The Veteran Services Office is committed to:

  • Assisting with the informed decision making process to maximize educational benefits
  • Training of faculty and staff to recognize and understand the unique factors affecting our military community
  • Providing robust resources to assist with a successful transition from a military to an educational environment
  • Maintaining compliance with applicable policies and regulations

What Ivy Tech has to Offer

We have dozens of campuses, so you can learn closer to home. Our class sizes average just 22 students, so you’ll receive extra instructor attention. And our more than 1,000 online courses give you more flexibility to set your own schedule. It’s advantages such as these that lead more than 170,000 students to choose Ivy Tech each year.

Triangle of Responsibility

In order for benefits to be accurately and timely processed for students, there must be accurate and continuous communication between the student, the school, and the Department of Veterans Affairs. Each leg of the triangle plays an important role, and any breaks along the way may result in late or incorrect benefits processing or the loss of benefits to the student.

Learn more about the role each leg plays below


Ivy Tech

Department of Veteran's Affairs

Tuition Rate

The current military tuition rate is $111.15 per credit hour.

All online fees are waived as well.

Important News

Military Transfer Credit: Ivy Tech has completed its initial assessment of military training and now has a crosswalk for selected courses. See the Credit for Prior Learning page for more details.


Select the campus nearest you for more information about resources available.