The Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Business Operations, Applications, and Technology (BOAT) degree program is designed for students who want to move into a career in all types of professional work environments. Our students develop communication, organizational, leadership, and technology skills that are required to be successful in the high-tech, customer-focused, world-class work environment. Our students also develop proficiency in the latest applications such as in Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Salesforce. Students will have the opportunity to earn Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) and Salesforce certifications that are recognized worldwide. The AAS degree is the perfect first step in your career goals.
Time to Complete
An Associate of Applied Science in the BOAT program can be obtained in 4 semesters, or about two years.
Earn a Certificate on the Way to Your AAS
A recommended path to the Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Business Operations, Applications, and Technology is to complete one or more of the certificates offered by Ivy Tech while working toward the degree. The certificates are designed to provide gateways toward entry-level business careers, so you can begin working quickly. You may then choose to pursue a credential that requires more credits and time in order to learn more and move up in your professional career. You can apply the credits from your certificate to your higher level credential at Ivy Tech to make the most of your time and tuition.
AAS graduates must complete a total of 60 credit hours:
- 16 credit hours in General Education
- 3 credit hours in Communications
- 26 credit hours in Professional-Technical
- ACCT 101 Financial Accounting | 3 credit hours
- BUSN 101 Introduction to Business | 3 credit hours
- BOAT 218 Microsoft Excel | 3 credit hours
- BOAT 121 Office Procedures and Team Dynamics | 3 credit hours
- BOAT 201 Emerging Technologies | 3 credit hours
- BOAT 216 Business Communications | 3 credit hours
- BOAT 105 Microsoft Word | 3 credit hours
- BOAT 221 Organizational Leadership | 3 credit hours
- BUSI 279 School of Business Evaluation and Professional Development | 2 credit hours
- 15 credit hours in Statewide Elective courses
A completion guide provides the recommended path to graduation, broken out by 8-week terms. For students taking fewer classes at a time, the courses are numbered to show the overall number that will be taken.
Please consult with your advisor to determine which classes are the best option for you to take. Completion guides may vary by campus/location.
Program Learning Outcomes
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs) are the competencies that Ivy Tech students should be well versed in upon graduating from the program.