The Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Business Operations, Applications, and Technology degree program is designed for students who want to move into a career in business quickly. Whether you are looking to work in management or striving to start your own company, an AAS degree is the perfect first step in your career goals.
Time to Complete
An Associate of Applied Science in BOAT degree can be obtained in 4 semesters, or about two years.
Next Level Jobs
Business Administration is part of Indiana’s Next Level Jobs degree program, funded by the Workforce Ready Grant. You may be eligible for a free Business Administration long-term certificate. You are eligible to be a part of Next Level Jobs at Ivy Tech if you fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Are an Indiana resident
- Have a high school diploma or GED/High School Equivalency
- Have not previously received a certificate in a Next Level Jobs eligible program
- Have not previously received an associate degree or higher (bachelors, masters, etc.)
*Note: Students who are admitted to the Next Level Jobs program to pursue the Business Administration long-term certificate are required to pay for and submit to a criminal background check, drug testing, and physical exam.
Earn a Certificate on the Way to Your AAS
A recommended path to the Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Business Operations, Applications, and Technology is to complete one or more of the certificates offered by Ivy Tech while working toward the degree. The certificates are designed to provide gateways toward entry-level business careers, so you can begin working quickly. You may then choose to pursue a credential that requires more credits and time in order to learn more and move up in your professional career. You can apply the credits from your certificate to your higher level credential at Ivy Tech to make the most of your time and tuition.
AAS graduates must complete a total of 60 credit hours:
- 16 credit hours in General Education
- 3 credit hours in Communications
- 26 credit hours in Professional-Technical
- ACCT 101 Financial Accounting | 3 credit hours
- BUSN 101 Introduction to Business | 3 credit hours
- BOAT 218 Microsoft Excel | 3 credit hours
- BOAT 121 Office Procedures and Team Dynamics | 3 credit hours
- BOAT 201 Emerging Technologies | 3 credit hours
- BOAT 216 Business Communications | 3 credit hours
- BOAT 105 Microsoft Word | 3 credit hours
- BOAT 221 Organizational Leadership | 3 credit hours
- BUSI 279 School of Business Evaluation and Professional Development | 2 credit hours
- 15 credit hours in Statewide Elective courses
A completion guide provides the recommended path to graduation, broken out by 8-week terms. For students taking fewer classes at a time, the courses are numbered to show the overall number that will be taken.
Please consult with your advisor to determine which classes are the best option for you to take. Completion guides may vary by campus/location dependent on clinical availability.