The Office of Career Coaching and Employer Connections (CCEC) at Ivy Tech Central Indiana provides services and development to students, alumni, and employers. CCEC combines the efforts of career development and employer engagement to address the needs of both students and employers/workforce in our community. This new, strategic approach will emphasize career readiness practices alongside preparation throughout a student's college experience. Additionally, employers will be engaged to provide valuable input in the student’s experience, while still receiving targeted services to address their workforce needs.
Through CCEC, all Ivy Tech Central Indiana students will:
- Create a career development portfolio: students will create and showcase to employers a resume, cover letter, LinkedIn profile, work and learn experiences, and the professional network and connections they have built with support from their CCEC team.
- Work with a career coach: focused, one-to-one relationship to help the student determine the right steps for their career path that match their values, interests, personality and skills.
- Participate in work and learn opportunities: opportunity to build relationships with employers and gain direct experience in careers that interest the student, such as working alongside professionals in a tech company, or assisting on a Human Resources team in a healthcare organization.
As an Ivy Tech student, you will have a one-to-one relationship with a career coach who will help you figure out your career path's right steps. You can ask questions, work with the coach to explore programs and careers that feel right for you, and lean on them for navigating your next steps.
- Resume review
- Interview preparation
- 1:1 and group coaching sessions
- Resources and coaching to help you complete your Career Development Portfolio
- Career Development Portfolio Checklist
- Indiana Career Explorer
- Interview Stream
- Request a Class Presentation
- What Can I Do With This Major?
With work-and-learn, Ivy Tech students and alumni will get the opportunity to network with employers and gain experience in careers that interest you. You'll find a career that is a good fit for you, while filling your resume with valuable experience!
- Networking events
- Job shadowing
- Employer panels
- Post a job using HireIvy!
- Virtual Internship Guide
- Micro Internships - Employer Site
- Micro Internships - Student Site
From custom training to maximizing tuition assistance policies, Ivy Tech offers upskilling and targeted professional development to help employees in your organization do their best work, while achieving a degree or credential.
- Customized training
- Deferred tuition programs
- Skills Training Spring 2021 flyer
- Skills Training Summer 2021 flyer
- Skills Training Fall 2021 flyer
- Available Courses and Training
- Achieve Your Degree (AYD)
- Workforce Ready Grant
Connect with us! Contact us via the information below to get started.