Get the Most Out of the Carson Job Fair
Top 3 Things to Do Before a Job Fair
- Prepare resume and make copies – Resumes by Industry
- Practice what you will say – How to answer Common Interview Questions
- Choose employers that interest you and research the company and positions – Research Employers
Top 3 Things to Do During a Job Fair
- Express yourself clearly – Ask Questions
- Show interest in the position/company – Interview the Interviewer
- Give details when answering questions – Tips on attention to detail
Top 3 Things to Do After the Job Fair
- Contact employers after the fair – How to follow up after a career fair
- Create thank you letters and send them – Thank you letter follow-up
- Check in but don’t stalk – How to write a follow-up email
The 9th Annual Central Indiana Job Fair will take place on Wednesday, August 1, 2018, from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. at the Ivy Tech Culinary and Conference Center, located at 2820 N. Meridian Street in Indianapolis.
Vendors will be allowed access to the facility at 8 a.m. for booth setup.
Steps to Participate
We hope you join us! Spaces fill up very quickly, so don’t hesitate to register today. To set up a booth at the event, you simply need to do the following:
- Register via HireIvy
- Post a job to HireIvy
- Pay the registration fee (information below)
- Confirm your registration (information below)
The non-refundable registration fee covers:
- Exhibitor booth rental
- (1) Six-foot table and (2) chairs
- (2) Box lunches
|Early Bird Registration Fee (June 1-June 17)
||Late Registration Fee (June 18-July 13)
|Registration and payment must be received no later than July 13, 2018 (registration may close earlier if spaces fill before this date).
Our Bursar Office accepts all payments.
To pay by credit card, contact the Bursar 9 a.m.– 5:30 p.m. Monday - Thursday, and 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Fridays at (317) 921-4800; press 1 for Bursar and then 2 for Central IN Job Fair.
To pay by check, select the invoice option when registering (Step 1) to have an invoice sent to your organization. We ask that you wait 24 hours before contacting the Bursar to ensure your registration has been received.
We encourage you to bring a tablecloth (notify us if you need one provided), pertinent company literature, along with any other branded materials you may need. Last year more than 1,000 job seekers attended, so bring plenty of materials.
Once a position is posted on HireIvy and the payment is received by the Bursar Office, a Career Development professional will process the registration request and you will receive an official confirmation email.
Registration and payment deadline is Friday, July 13, 2018. Registration will be processed upon confirmation of payment.
If you have questions regarding the event or the registration process, please contact the Ivy Tech Career Development Office at (317) 921-4881 or via email at email@example.com.