Didn't get the classes you wanted at your home college? Try Ivy Tech!
Take a class at your hometown Ivy Tech campus, or through Ivy Tech Online, and you'll be one step closer to graduation. Ivy Tech credits transfer to your college and our tuition is the most affordable in the state - less than half the cost of most other options. Taking a class at Ivy Tech is the smart choice when you want to save time and money. You don't even have to leave your room to take a class with us. We have lots of online classes that you can work on around your schedule. This is a great way to complete any of your pre-requisites or electives.
Taking courses at Ivy Tech to transfer back to your college or university is easy, it only takes 3 Easy Steps:
- Complete a Guest Student Application and return it to the admissions office at your hometown Ivy Tech campus by email, postal mail or in-person.
- Register for classes online via Campus Connect or at the campus Registrar Office.
- Pay your tuition online via Campus Connect or at the campus Business Office.
Important things to remember as a Guest Student:
- Ivy Tech does not offer financial aid to Guest Students
- International students on an F-1 student visa must submit page one of their I-20 with their completed Guest Student Application. International students may need to grant permission for the DSO at their home school to discuss their SEVIS standing with a DSO from Ivy Tech Community College
- It is important that you are aware of the prerequisites for every Ivy Tech course. Having the knowledge necessary to succeed in your course(s) is assured by completing the prerequisites. Please review the college catalog to review the prerequisites for each course.
- Make sure you talk with an advisor at your home institution to make sure you are taking courses that will transfer. Ivy Tech cannot guarantee the transferability of courses to your home institution.
- It is important that you complete the Guest Student Application. Until the application has been submitted, you won't be able to register for classes. (Please allow at least 1-2 business days after submission before you register for classes.)
- Guest Student Applications are only good for one semester. If you wish to take courses as a guest student in future semesters, you will need to submit another application.