Get the Most Out of the Carson Job Fair
Top 3 Things to Do Before a Job Fair
- Prepare resume and make copies – Resumes by Industry
- Practice what you will say – How to answer Common Interview Questions
- Choose employers that interest you and research the company and positions – Research Employers
Top 3 Things to Do During a Job Fair
- Express yourself clearly- Ask Questions
- Show interest in the position/company – Interview the Interviewer
- Give details when answering questions – Tips on attention to detail
Top 3 Things to Do After the Job Fair
- Contact employers after the fair – How to follow up after a career fair
- Create thank you letters and send them – Thank you letter follow-up
- Check in but don’t stalk – How to write a follow-up email
The 8th annual Central Indiana Career Fair, a partnership between Congressman André Carson and Ivy Tech Community College Central Indiana, will be taking place on Wednesday, August 2, 2017 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. at the Ivy Tech Community College Corporate and Culinary Center.
Steps to Participate
We hope you join us! To set up a booth at the event, you simply need to do the following:
- Register via HireIvy
- Post a job to HireIvy
- Pay the registration fee (information below)
- Reserve your booth (information below)
Exhibitor Booth Information: $150 registration fee
- Booth rental
- Six-foot table with two chairs
- Two box lunches
We encourage you to bring a tablecloth (notify us if you need one provided), pertinent company literature, along with any other branded materials you may need. Last year more than 1,000 job seekers attended, so bring plenty of materials.
Reserving Your Booth
Space is limited! To RSVP, make sure you complete the steps above. Upon completing those steps, you can fill out the registration form.
Registration and payment deadline is Friday, July 21, 2017. Registration will be processed upon confirmation of payment.
For questions or additional information, please contact Career Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-921-4881.