The Business Operations, Applications, and Technology (BOAT) Program prepares students for a career in any business setting. The BOAT curriculum has been improved to better prepare graduates for a career in all types of professional offices. Our students develop communication, organizational, leadership, and technology skills that prepare them for the high-tech, customer-focused, world-class work environment. Our students also develop proficiency in the latest Microsoft Office applications, and they will have the opportunity to earn certifications in Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook that are recognized worldwide.
The curriculum has been updated to provide students with the potential to:
- Prepare for a career in all types of business operations including manufacturing, commercial, government, legal, medical, technology, etc.
- Graduate with industry-recognized certifications that global employers are seeking.
- Earn a degree that is listed in the Top 10 Occupations by Growth according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and the Indiana Department of Workforce Development.
- Take control of their education using competency-based learning assessments. This is a flexible online or on-campus approach to learning that allows students to earn credit for their current knowledge and to learn new skills in an individualized environment with professorial assistance.
- Earn a Certificate, Technical Certificate, and Associate of Applied Science degree that are 100% stackable.
Our graduates are currently working in many types of office environments including healthcare, law, computing, customer service, manufacturing, government and more. Some graduates are even working with our industry partners including Purdue University, Cook Biotech, State Farm and Caterpillar!
Next Level Jobs
You may be eligible for a free certificate offered through this degree program. Learn more.
If you would like to continue your education after completing your Ivy Tech degree, we have several four-year transfer partnerships in place. Talk to your transfer advocate for more information about transfer opportunities!