The Business Operations, Applications, and Technology program will prepare you for a career in all types of professional offices. Our students develop communication, organizational, leadership, and technology skills that prepares them for the high-tech, customer-focused, world-class work environment. Our students also develop proficiency in the latest Microsoft Office applications, and they will have the opportunity to earn certifications in Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook, that are recognized worldwide.
Through the choices of electives, students may choose to study:
- Administrative: Administrative assistants, managers, and staff work in an automated office environment addressing current skills in word processing and office procedures.
- Legal: Legal office administrators perform and coordinate a law office's administrative activities and disseminate information to staff and clients.
- Medical: The medical office of today requires specific job skills focusing on providing effective customer service to patients, insurance providers, and other physician practices. Medical office administrators are responsible for a variety of administrative and clerical duties necessary to operate a medical office efficiently and effectively.
- Software Applications: Students studying software applications will develop competencies with word processing, spreadsheets, and databases that will equip them with skills appropriate for most offices.
- Areas of Customer Service: Program that prepares individuals to assist customers with inquiries and problems in frontline call centers, help desks, teleservice centers, and online. Includes instruction in user interfaces and user behavior; principles of hardware and software systems operation; customer interaction skills; telephone and e-mailing skills; data entry; and database and Internet searching and retrieval.
Our graduates are currently working in many types of office environments including healthcare, law, computing, customer service, manufacturing, government and more. Some graduates are even working with our industry partners including Purdue University, Cook Biotech, State Farm and Caterpillar!