Students in the Aviation Manufacturing program have the opportunity the take advantage of part-time internships while attending classes at places like AAR Corp, Fastenal and Ferco Aerospace Group. The curriculum is cutting-edge with the opportunity to earn industry recognized certifications along the way. These certifications come from the Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC) and the National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS). This program primarily offers students hands on curriculum where students will be working on projects on an aircraft structure, not just reading in books about air craft structure.
Students will be learning hands-on skills validated by industry at the local and national levels. This blended model is a hybrid of online and instructor-led courseware. Interactive education can increase learning capacity by up to 50%. The hands-on labs will ensure that you have mastered the technical skills. You will finish the program armed with the skills and qualifications required for a real-world career.
The Benefits of the Aviation Manufacturing Program:
- Industry partners offer part-time work while attending classes
- Upon completion you may be hired at your part-time host company or pursue positions with other manufacturing companies
- Students earn certificates in one of the most high demand occupations in the country and are ready to begin lucrative careers
- The curriculum for this program is cutting-edge with additional industry recognized credentials embedded
- Entry level salaries for graduates may range from $25,000-$40,000 per year
- Earn college credits that can be used towards higher degrees
- Earn industry certificates including:
- Assembly Mechanic Technician Certificate
- Electrical Assembly Technician Certificate
- Certified Production Technician (MSSC) - Safety, Quality Practices & Measurement, Manufacturing Processes & Production, and Maintenance Awareness
- National Institute of Metalworking Skills (NIMS) - Measurement, Materials and Safety Job Planning, Bench work, and Layout Certification
- NIMS Manual Turning with Chucking Certification
- NIMS Level I CNC Operations certification test preparation
- Dedicated career placement assistance while you are completing this program
Next Level Jobs
You may be eligible for a free certificate offered through this degree program. Learn more.