Ivy Tech Community College’s Associate Accelerated Program (ASAP) helps high school graduates earn an associate degree in just 11 months and prepares them to transfer to a four-year college to earn their bachelor's degree.
Coursework is spread over five eight-week terms, and classes are held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. It’s a rewarding program—but a rigorous one, that will essentially become a student’s full-time occupation until graduation.
Classes are held in small, closely-knit groups known as “cohorts.” Classmates will remain with their cohort throughout the program—encouraging, assisting, and depending on each other every step of the way. A dedicated ASAP coordinator helps students identify academic goals, then maps out a clear path they can follow to success, while faculty teams of four teachers per term offer individual attention. Graduates leave with not just an associate degree, but with the skills they need to succeed in further studies—and the workforce.
Guidelines for ASAP Admittance
- Referred/Nominated by High School Guidance Counselor
- Minimum 2.5 High School GPA and strong attendance record
- No older than 21 years of age
- Parent/guardian must agree to provide room and board
- Applications are taken on a first come, first served basis
- Student and parent/guardian must complete the pledge form
Interested in filling out an interest form or submitting a nomination form? Start here.