For students carving out a career, a day can mean everything. On April 11, Ivy Tech alumni, friends, and people across Indiana can help the College develop the next generation of Hoosier healthcare professionals, manufacturing specialists, information technologists, teachers, and others by participating in Ivy Tech Day, the College’s first-ever Day of Giving.
Starting at midnight – for 24 hours – west central Indiana community members can support Ivy Tech Terre Haute/Greencastle and its thousands of current and future students who are building brighter futures for themselves and those around them. The Ivy Tech Foundation, which is organizing the statewide giving day, wants to reach 600 gifts in recognition of the College’s 60th anniversary.
“Ivy Tech Day is a big moment for our entire College family,” said Sue Ellspermann, president of Ivy Tech Community College. “As Indiana’s community college, we want to create a fun, memorable way to come together and demonstrate our collective passion for our students, the college, and our communities. I believe our donors, alumni, students, employer partners, faculty and staff, and friends in the community will rally in celebration of Ivy Tech’s impact and 60th anniversary.”
In addition to making gifts online at bit.ly/thivytechday, those interested in supporting Ivy Tech Terre Haute/Greencastle can visit participating local businesses that have pledged to donate a portion of the day’s proceeds to Ivy Tech Terre Haute/Greencastle. On April 11, the community is invited to visit these participating businesses:
- Chick-Fil-A | Mention Ivy Tech Spirit Day for a portion of the proceeds to support Ivy Tech
- Culver’s | Make a purchase and 10% of proceeds will go to support Ivy Tech
- Federal Coffee+Fine Foods | Grab a coffee, treat, or meal to support Ivy Tech or enjoy a cleverly crafted drink made especially for Ivy Tech Day
- Azzip Pizza | Dine in or place an order online with code GIVEBACK04 to support Ivy Tech
- Maggie and Moe’s | Shop at Poplar Flowers & Décor, Maggie & Moe’s at the Sycamore Farmhouse, or at Maggie & Moe’s Coffee Shop at Regional Hospital to support Ivy Tech
- WaterTower Estates | WaterTower Estates has created a limited-edition Ivy Tech Traminette – a white table wine. Ivy Tech receives a portion of the proceeds for each bottle sold.
- 7 Mix FM | Brooke from the Mix Morning Show will be broadcasting live from Federal Coffee+Fine Food from 7-9 a.m. Anyone can stop by and snap a selfie for a chance to win a prize pack!
Ivy Tech was founded 60 years ago and based on the most recent economic value report, the Terre Haute campus contributes $1.79 million annually to the region’s economy, including a net impact of $154.4 million from alumni working in west central Indiana. With the lowest cost per credit hour in the state, 80 percent of students who graduate from Ivy Tech do so without student debt. Additionally, Ivy Tech Terre Haute/Greencastle:
- supports more than 7,000 students each academic year
- awards more than 1,300 credentials and certifications each year, and nearly all who graduate – 85 percent – stay in west central Indiana
- contributes to 1 of every 53 jobs in our region
“Our graduates are making a huge impact in communities across the state, and the possibilities ahead are exciting, From business professionals to precision agriculture specialists, Ivy Tech graduates are making a real difference across west central Indiana.”
– Rachel Mullinnix, executive director of the Ivy Tech Foundation for Terre Haute/Greencastle.
Ivy Tech Day is part of the Foundation’s five-year, $285 million statewide campaign, of which Ivy Tech Terre Haute/Greencastle committed to raising $12 million. To date, Ivy Tech Terre Haute/Greencastle has raised $11.5 million, and Ivy Tech Day can help close the gap. Thanks to the generosity of donors and community partners, Ivy Tech Terre Haute/Greencastle will award more than $400,000 in scholarships to students during the 2023-24 academic year.
Supporters will be able to contribute toward the future of Ivy Tech by visiting bit.ly/thivytechday. Participants can contribute through the Ivy Tech Foundation – whether it’s $6 or $6,000 or more – starting at midnight. The Foundation encourages everyone to wear green and share videos and photos on social media showing their passion for the College and expressing why they are participating in Ivy Tech Day. Alumni and friends can use the hashtags #give2ivy and #growivygrow to show their support. Supporters will be able to follow the day’s progress on Facebook and Instagram.
About Ivy Tech Community College
Ivy Tech Community College is Indiana's largest public postsecondary institution and the nation's largest singly accredited statewide community college system, accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Ivy Tech has campuses throughout Indiana and also serves thousands of students annually online. It serves as the state's engine of workforce development, offering associate degrees, long- and short-term certificate programs, industry certifications, and training that aligns with the needs of the community. The College provides a seamless transfer to other colleges and universities in Indiana, as well as out of state, for a more affordable route to a bachelor's degree.