As we prepare to kick off the fall term, we have a special graduate leaving the Ivy Tech Indianapolis campus to pursue a bright future … Ivan the Bear!
Ivan the Bear has been our campus mascot for 10 years and is moving on in his higher education journey. Although we are saddened to bid farewell to Ivan, we are excited to welcome a new mascot!
The Ivy Tech Indianapolis campus mascot will still be a bear, but we need YOUR help determining its name.
What should our new mascot’s name be?
Ivy Tech Indianapolis Mascot Naming Contest Timeline
- All current students, staff, and faculty can submit a suggested mascot name (Tuesday, Aug. 15 - Sunday, Aug. 20) and vote for their favorite mascot name (Monday, Aug. 21 - Friday, Aug. 25).
- Submit your suggested mascot name (only one) via this online form by Sunday, August 20.
- From those submissions, campus leadership will pick the top five names and declare the finalists on Monday, August 21.
- Directly after Indianapolis Interim Chancellor Stacy Atkinson announces the top five names on Monday, August 21, voting will commence for the winning mascot name and run through Friday, August 25.
- The winning mascot name will be announced on Monday, August 28.
If you would like to wish Ivan good luck in all of his future endeavors and bid him a fond farewell, make sure to attend Breakfast with the Bear at the downtown Indianapolis campus on Monday, Aug. 21, at the Lawrence campus on Monday, Aug. 28, or at the Plainfield campus on Tuesday, Aug. 29.
About Ivy Tech Community College
Ivy Tech Community College is Indiana's largest public postsecondary institution and the nation's largest singly accredited statewide community college system, accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Ivy Tech has campuses throughout Indiana and also serves thousands of students annually online. It serves as the state's engine of workforce development, offering associate degrees, long- and short-term certificate programs, industry certifications, and training that aligns with the needs of the community. The College provides a seamless transfer to other colleges and universities in Indiana, as well as out of state, for a more affordable route to a bachelor's degree.