To provide professional development across the state, to improve employee performance, to foster a sense of belonging and connectivity to colleagues, and to drive a culture of engagement which will ultimately increase student success.
Talent Development Cohort Programs
- Ivy Tech’s Pathways to Peak Leadership (PPL) program is designed to develop employees for senior- and executive-level leadership positions such as Executive Director, Dean, Asst./Assoc./Vice Chancellor, Asst. Vice President, Vice President, or Chancellor. This program is targeted at employees who have demonstrated high performance and leadership in their current role. Pathways to Peak Leadership is intended to provide each participant with a customized leadership and professional development opportunity.
- Applications open in October of each year and finalists are determined before the Thanksgiving break. The program runs from January – December of each year.
- Ivy Tech Leadership Academy is an entry level leadership program targeted at faculty and staff who are identified as high performing and having high leadership potential, who also intend to remain with the College and develop their leadership skills. The objective of Leadership Academy is to prepare participants for entry- to mid-level leadership positions.
- Applications open in June of each year and finalists are determined before the summer term ends. The program runs from September – April of each year.
- For over 20 years, the Ivy Tech Community College Faculty Development Seminar has cultivated essential skills for effective and successful teaching. Faculty continuously strive to master their craft and have much to share with one another. This seminar is designed to provide an environment and opportunity to learn from other great faculty with the philosophy that professors are their own best resource.
- Applications open in April of each year and finalists are determined before the spring semester concludes in May. The program runs from July – April of each year.
Other Talent Development Programs and Initiatives
In conjunction with our Pathways to Peak Leadership program, the Talent Development team offers a variety of workshops throughout the year.
Talent Development Menu of Options
Webinars featuring external subject matter experts focusing on broad topics for professional development of all employees such as – emotional intelligence, facilitating effective meetings and customer service skills.
Manger Development Program
The Manager Development Program provides new managers with the foundational skills to excel in building and managing a team. This program provides skills and resources necessary to promote a high performing team and handle challenging issues that arise for managers. This program is provided in an on-demand and virtual manner, so that learners can grow and develop at a time and place that is convenient for them.
Talent Development Resources
Follow us on LinkedIn Learning to stay caught up on Talent Development Initiatives and get helpful tips and advice for building your leadership skills.
Meet Our Team
AVP Talent/Professional Development
Director of Faculty Professional Development
Director of Talent/Leadership Development
Director of Professional Development