The application for FREE CDL training is now closed. However, CDL classes are still available.
Click here to request information about CDL training classes or contact Ivy Tech at 812-298-2482 or email Sarah Seaton at email@example.com.
100% of tuition, and CDL-A permit and license costs covered for 20 students.
CDL-A training includes extensive one-on-one and behind-the-wheel training.
Ivy Tech will help students secure employment.
- Must reside in Clay, Greene, Knox, Parke, Putnam, Sullivan, Vermillion, or Vigo county.
- Current and former members of the U.S. Armed Forces, including National Guard and Reservists, their spouses and children will be prioritized for consideration.
- 20 students will be selected to enroll.
- Training is 4 weeks.
- Training will run from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Driving time includes thirty (30) to forty (40) hours of over-the-road and one-on-one instruction.
- Training will be held at the Ivy Tech Terre Haute main campus at 8000 S. Education Drive, Terre Haute.
- Before training, students must:
1. Obtain a valid Driver’s License
2. Obtain a DOT Medical Certification “Medical Card"
3. Obtain a CDL Class -A Permit (3 sections: General Knowledge, Airbrakes, & Combination)
Study prep: www.cristcdl.com
Did you know:
• The trucking industry needs more than 400,000 new drivers every year
• First year drivers can earn $35,000-$40,000+ their first year
• The average experienced driver earns $55,000-$60,000 per year
• Owner-operators can earn over $100,000 per year
• In West Central Indiana, the Commerical Vechicle Driver occupation is calculated as a five flame career, the highest-ranking provided by INDemand Jobs.
• The occupation is expected to grow by 7% by 2026 and has a median hourly wage of $20.69, according to the 2017 BLS Occupational Employment Statistics