The Duke Energy Scholarship is generously provided by the Duke Energy Foundation for individuals pursuing a career in addiction services in west central Indiana. This scholarship seeks to build a workforce pipeline to combat the opioid crisis through providing support to those wishing to enter the field. Recipients will have 100% of their tuition, books and fees covered, after all other financial aid has been applied.
Individuals who wish to gain professional licensure as a Licensed Addictions Counselor (LAC) are encouraged to apply for the scholarship. The Ivy Tech addictions studies certificate and technical certificate contain the coursework required to qualify individuals to take the LAC exam. Addictions studies coursework can be completed almost entirely online*.
- Recipients must work in Vigo, Clay, Gibson, Greene, Hendricks, Knox, Monroe, Owen, Parke, Putnam, Sullivan or Vermillion County. Preference will be given to those who also reside in one of these counties.
- Recipients must be pursuing a certificate (CT) or technical certificate (TC) in addiction studies in order to work in this more specialized field of human services.
- Recipients must have achieved a bachelor's degree or higher.
Click below for information on Ivy Tech human services and addictions studies programs:
- Human services program webpage
- Addiction studies certificate (CT) - required classes
- Addiction studies technical certificate (TC) - required classes
1.) Complete an application of interest:
Application of interest
2.) Complete the Ivy Tech admission application at ivytech.edu/applynow,
Class start dates:
Fall: August 24, 2020
Addictions studies programs are offered at several Ivy Tech locations. Contact the location nearest you to find out which programs and classes are offered at your location:
Gibson, Greene, Vigo, Clay, Knox, Parke, Sullivan, Vermillion counties (Ivy Tech Terre Haute campus): Angela Hayes, LMHC, LCAC, email@example.com, (812) 298-2561.
Hendricks, Putnam counties (Ivy Tech Indianapolis campus): Karsor Dennis, firstname.lastname@example.org, (317) 921-4426.
Greene, Monroe, Owen counties (Ivy Tech Bloomington campus): Chelsea Rood-Emmick, MSW, LSW email@example.com, (812) 330-6206.
*Two internships specifically in addictions may be required for students who did not complete one in an undergraduate program, to fulfill the 350 hour requirement to sit for the Licensed Addictions Counselor exam. Internships are 16 weeks in fall and spring or 8 weeks in summer. Each internship also requires three face-to-face meetings during the course of the semester.