Thursday, Sept. 22
2016 New Venture Competition finals, dinner, and awards ceremony
One of this year’s three finalists will win a grand prize of at least $35,000 in start-up capital to start his own business.
Ivy Tech Community College Northeast
Coliseum Campus, 3800 N. Anthony Blvd., Fort Wayne
Awards dinner sponsor
Also made possible by the Edward M. and Mary McCrea Wilson Foundation
For sponsorship information, contact Kelli Brandenberger at 260-481-2243 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Metro Striping and More
Metro Striping and More is a line striping company that also offers the Fort Wayne regional area with commercial and interior painting and stenciling, from handicap stenciling or stenciling a basketball court onto a cement slab.
DESIAR Eyewear designs, distributes, and manufactures handcrafted sunglasses and optical eyewear. Its customers are individuals and boutique and international retailers.
Green E-Waste Miracles
Green E-Waste Miracles is a materials recovery company that focuses on environmental waste material that is no longer accepted by trash collection companies or landfills, including all electronic waste, batteries, bulbs, and tires.
Have you ever dreamed of starting your own business?
Do you have the entrepreneurial spirit it takes to turn your dream into reality?
Ivy Tech Community College Northeast's New Venture Competition is a business plan competition that offers students and alumni the chance to win at least $35,000 to launch a new business.
How it works
- Over the course of eight weeks, students will create a business plan.
- At the end of the semester, the three best business plans will be chosen by a committee of individuals to move on for final presentations.
- Community mentors will help the remaining contestants refine their business plans.
- The three finalists will present their business plans to a panel of college and community judges.
- One champion will be chosen to win at least $35,000 to launch his or her dream business.
- Be sure to review the complete New Venture Competition contest details.
Who is eligible?
The New Venture Competition is open to Ivy Tech Northeast students and alumni who are interested in starting their own business. If you have the passion, we can give you the tools to help you succeed.
Requirements for eligibility:
- Must have completed 6 credit hours at Ivy Tech Northeast prior to June 1.
- Former students within the last five years (who have achieved alumni status) are eligible.
- Must have passed ENTR 101, Entrepreneur and Enterprise before the 8 week lab begins or must be taking the course during the 8 week lab.
- Alumni of the competition.
How to enter
Students are admitted to the competition and eight-week lab by applying with James Tolbert, School of Business faculty, at email@example.com or 260-480-4249, room CC 2329.
Send competition and class questions to James Tolbert, School of Business faculty, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 260-480-4249.
Congratulations, Morgan Williams, 2015 New Venture Competition champion
Morgan Williams, second from left, is the College's 2015 New Venture champion. He is pictured with, from left, James Tolbert, business administration assistant professor; Steve Piekarski, with ProFed Federal Credit Union; and Jerrilee K. Mosier, Ivy Tech Northeast chancellor. Photo by Zeke Bryant