Have you ever dreamed of starting your own business?
Do you have the entrepreneurial spirit it takes to turn your dream into reality?
Ivy Tech Community College Northeast's New Venture Competition is a business plan competition that offers students and alumni the chance to earn $35,000 in capital to launch a new business.
How it works
- Over the span of a sixteen (16) week lab, students will create a business plan.
- Community mentors will work with each student concurrent with the lab.
- During week fourteen (14), the three best business plans will be chosen by a committee of Business Administration faculty to move on for final presentations.
- Community mentors will help the remaining contestants refine their business plans.
- The three finalists will present their business plans to a panel of college and community judges.
- One champion will be chosen to win at least $35,000 to launch their dream business.
- Be sure to review the complete New Venture Competition contest details.
Who is eligible?
The New Venture Competition is open to Ivy Tech Northeast students and alumni who are interested in starting their own business. If you have the passion, we can give you the tools to help you succeed.
Requirements for eligibility in 2017:
- Students must have completed 12 credit hours at Ivy Tech Community Northeast prior to January 1, 2017, with a GPA of 2.5 or higher and a completion rate of 70 percent or more.
Former students within the last five years (who have achieved alumni status) are eligible, providing that their Ivy Tech Community College Northeast transcript has a GPA of 2.5 or higher and a completion rate of 70 percent or more.
Must have passed ENTR 101, Entrepreneur and Enterprise before the sixteen (16) week lab begins or must be taking the course during the sixteen (16) week lab.
- Alumni of the competition.
How to enter
Students are admitted to the competition and 16-week lab by inquiring and making application to Jim Tolbert, School of Business faculty, by calling 260-480-4249, emailing email@example.com or visiting Coliseum Campus Room CC2329.
Jim Tolbert, School of Business faculty, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 260-480-4249.
Awards dinner sponsor
Also made possible by the Edward M. and Mary McCrea Wilson Foundation
For sponsorship information, contact Kelli Brandenberger at 260-481-2243 or email@example.com.
Congratulations to our 2016 winner, Jamal Robinson!
Jamal Robinson won $35,000 on Sept. 22 at Ivy Tech Northeast’s 2016 New Venture Competition, in its sixth year. Robinson is the founder of DESIAR Eyewear. From left: James Tolbert, Ivy Tech Northeast business administration assistant professor; Robinson; Karen Potter, ProFed Credit Union assistant vice president, commercial services; Doug Wood, PNC Bank regional president; and Jerrilee K. Mosier, Ivy Tech Northeast chancellor.
THE 2016 FINALISTS
Metro Striping and More
Metro Striping and More is a line striping company that also offers the Fort Wayne regional area with commercial and interior painting and stenciling, from handicap stenciling or stenciling a basketball court onto a cement slab.
DESIAR Eyewear designs, distributes, and manufactures handcrafted sunglasses and optical eyewear. Its customers are individuals and boutique and international retailers.
Green E-Waste Miracles
Green E-Waste Miracles is a materials recovery company that focuses on environmental waste material that is no longer accepted by trash collection companies or landfills, including all electronic waste, batteries, bulbs, and tires.