Mission & Purpose
The Women’s Philanthropy Circle creates resources and raises funds to diminish barriers to higher education for Ivy Tech Community College (ITCC) students. In doing so, Circle of Ivy cultivates and celebrates women as philanthropists.
The goals of The Women’s Philanthropy Circle are to:
- Align our philanthropy and actions with the strategic direction of Ivy Tech Community College and Foundation;
- Find the appropriate ways to engage students;
- Have statewide involvement with a community focus;
- Engage our regional leadership to be champions for women in philanthropy;
- Have written guidelines, fundraising benchmarks, and a results-oriented culture
- Be sensitive to inclusion and diversity in all our endeavors.
Membership in the Circle of Ivy is open to all women who wish to further the mission and goals of the Circle of Ivy through financial support and participation in achieving Circle of Ivy’s goals.
Annual Member levels
- Student: $15
- Alumni: $25- $100
- Ivy Leader: $250- $500
- Ivy Champions: $1,000+
- Community Partners
Responsibilities of membership
- Participate in the work of the Circle of Ivy by giving advice, suggestions and direction - including matters regarding scholarship awards; Attend Meetings and/or at least one event per year;
- Remain informed of the Circle of Ivy activities by receiving and reviewing newsletters of the year’s work;
- Encourage other women and organizations that support the Circle of Ivy’s mission and goals to participate/join;
- Honor financial commitments to the Circle of Ivy;
- Consider participating in one or more Mini-Circles.
Benefits of membership
- Participate in a dynamic, philanthropic, and rewarding organization;
- Offer input to the Circle of Ivy goals and scholarship awards;
- Explore and collaborate with others with shared values;
- Make a greater impact with pooled financial resources;
- Add value and impact to educational projects and special events;
- Learn about students’ needs and experiences in the community.