Have you ever dreamed of starting your own business?
Do you have the entrepreneurial spirit it takes to turn your dream into reality?
Ivy Tech Community College Fort Wayne and Warsaw’s New Venture Competition is a business plan competition that offers students and alumni the chance to earn $20,000 in capital to launch a new business.
How it works
- Over the span of an 8-week lab, students will create a business plan.
- Community mentors will work with each student concurrent with the lab.
- During week 8, the three best business plans will be chosen by a committee of Business Administration faculty/business professionals to move on for final presentations.
- Community mentors will help the remaining contestants refine their business plans.
- The three finalists will present their business plans to a panel of college and community judges.
- One champion will be chosen to win at least $20,000 to launch their dream business.
- Be sure to review the complete New Venture Competition contest details.
Who is eligible?
The New Venture Competition is open to Ivy Tech Fort Wayne and Warsaw students and alumni who are interested in starting their own business. If you have the passion, we can give you the tools to help you succeed.
Requirements for eligibility in 2019:
- Students must have completed 12 credit hours at Ivy Tech Community College Fort Wayne or Warsaw prior to June 1, 2019, with a GPA of 2.5 or higher and a completion rate of 70 percent or more.
- Former students within the last five years (who have achieved alumni status) are eligible, providing that their Ivy Tech Community College transcript has a GPA of 2.5 or higher and a completion rate of 70 percent or more.
- Attend an 8-week lab to develop and/or fine tune a business plan.
- Previous, non-winning contestants of the competition may re-enter.
How to enter:
Students are admitted to the competition and 8-week lab by applying with Tony Ramey, business administration faculty. Call 260-481-2294, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit Coliseum Campus Room CC2333.
School of Business, Logistics, & Supply Chain
Interested in sponsoring NVC?
Executive Director of Resource Development