Have you ever dreamed of starting your own business?
Do you have the entrepreneurial spirit it takes to turn your dream into reality?
Ivy Tech Community College Northeast's New Venture Competition is a business plan competition that offers students and alumni the chance to earn $20,000 in capital to launch a new business.
How it works
- Over the span of a 8-week lab, students will create a business plan.
- Community mentors will work with each student concurrent with the lab.
- During week 8, the three best business plans will be chosen by a committee of Business Administration faculty to move on for final presentations.
- Community mentors will help the remaining contestants refine their business plans.
- The three finalists will present their business plans to a panel of college and community judges.
- One champion will be chosen to win at least $20,000 to launch their dream business.
- Be sure to review the complete New Venture Competition contest details.
Who is eligible?
The New Venture Competition is open to Ivy Tech Northeast students and alumni who are interested in starting their own business. If you have the passion, we can give you the tools to help you succeed.
Requirements for eligibility in 2018:
- Students must have completed 12 credit hours at Ivy Tech Community Northeast prior to June 1, 2018, with a GPA of 2.5 or higher and a completion rate of 70 percent or more.
- Former students within the last five years (who have achieved alumni status) are eligible, providing that their Ivy Tech Community College Northeast transcript has a GPA of 2.5 or higher and a completion rate of 70 percent or more.
- Must have passed ENTR 101, Entrepreneur and Enterprise before the sixteen (8) week lab begins or must be taking the course during the sixteen (8) week lab.
- Alumni of the competition.
How to enter
Students are admitted to the competition and 16-week lab by applying to James Tolbert, School of Business faculty. Call 260-480-4249, email email@example.com, or visit Coliseum Campus Room CC2329.
Contact James Tolbert, School of Business faculty, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 260-480-4249.
Interested in sponsoring NVC?
Contact Margaret Sturm at 260-480-2010 or email@example.com.
Congratulations to our 2017 winner, Kendall Riecken!
From left: James Tolbert, Business Administration assistant professor and head of the New Venture Competition; Don Palmer, former employee and friend of Dave and Mary Bear of JB Tool, Die & Engineering Inc., the competition’s presenting sponsor; Kendall Riecken, 2017 New Venture Competition champion; and Jerrilee Mosier, Fort Wayne Campus chancellor.
THE 2017 FINALISTS
KR Designs is an automotive-based company, specializing in detailing, restoration, custom paint, and collision repair. Customers consist of automotive enthusiasts and car/vehicle owners
Caliber Contracting builds tiny houses that are affordable and allows customers freedom to customize to fit their needs/wants
The Vault is a speakeasy-themed bar, located in downtown Fort Wayne