Students who are enrolled in at least 6 credit hours each semester may be eligible for an in-school deferment to temporarily stop payments on prior student loans. Ivy Tech Community College will automatically send your enrollment status to National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) each semester at the end of the 100% refund period. Most student loan lenders and servicers will use this information to determine if you are eligible for an in-school deferment.
To view your enrollment information submitted to the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC),
- Log on to your Campus Connect account
- Click “Enrollment Verification” under Student Links on the My Ivy Tech channel
- Read the information provided, then click on “Proceed to Clearinghouse”
- Once you are on the NSC Student Self Service Site, click the link to “View the student loan deferment notifications that the Clearinghouse has provided to my loan holders (lenders and guarantors).”
- You will see a list of notifications that were sent to NSC, including the date and the enrollment status that was reported for each semester.
Other important information about the in-school deferment process:
- You are responsible for any student loan payments that are due before your in-school deferment is processed by your loan servicer(s). You will be notified by your loan servicer(s) once your in-school deferment has been processed and your payments postponed.
- You may be responsible for interest that accrues during your in-school deferment period.
- If you have questions about your in-school deferment request, or other deferment or forbearance options, contact your loan servicer(s).
If you have questions regarding the enrollment reporting process to NSC or for other enrollment verification questions, please contact your campus Registrar’s Office.