The Indiana Summer Bridge Program is a partnership between the Indiana Department of Education, the Commission for Higher Education, and Ivy Tech Community College. This program will provide graduating Indiana high school seniors in the class of 2021 a FREE college readiness course as well as the opportunity to round out their Math and English skills as they prepare to take the next step in their education. Students can also earn up $300 in additional financial incentives by completing certain success initiatives!
What are the benefits of the program?
- An assessment that individualizes the skill-building modules just for the student.
- Courses that can help round out a student's Math or English skills, and prepare them for college.
- The ability for students to work at their own pace in completing the modules.
- The opportunity for students to earn college credit and be able to enroll in an Ivy Tech Community College course without requiring remediation.
- The chance to earn up to $300 in additional financial incentives!
How do I sign up myself or my student?
Fill out our interest form to get the process started! After you register a member of the Ivy Tech team will contact you with more details about your next steps.
Who does the program support?
Graduating high school seniors in the class of 2021, who have not met readiness benchmarks in English and Mathematics.
What is the cost of the program?
The program is completely free for students who qualify! All tuition, fees, and book costs are covered.
When does the program take place?
The FREE course is available during the Summer 2021 semester as part of a 4-week option that begins on July 6. The program will be provided mainly online with limited in-person options available at specific Ivy Tech locations.
What happens after a student is accepted?
After a student's application is accepted, they will be contacted by an Ivy Tech representative, who will walk them through getting a pre-assessment (also known as a Knowledge Assessment) for English and Mathematics. This pre-assessment will help determine the areas where that student might need additional assistance.
Following the assessment, the student will be enrolled in Ivy Tech’s Student Success course (IVYT 111), which provides an overview of skills and strategies necessary to successfully complete a college degree or certificate. This course will serve as a helpful guide on how to prepare for college, including areas such as, how to study, how to take better notes, how to manage time, and much more!
How do I earn incentives?
Students can also earn additional financial incentives (up to $300) for successful completion of success initiatives such as:
- Completion of the Knowledge Assessment for English/Mathematics
- Completion of the IVYT 111 Student Success course
- Enrollment in post-secondary programming during the Fall 2021 semester at any Indiana college or university.