1. ELIGIBILITY: In order to be eligible to participate in this contest:
- Contestant must be future or current students at Ivy Tech Community College.
- In order to claim the prize, contest winner must be admitted and either enrolled or planning to enroll in courses at Ivy Tech Community College.
- Contestants must have a valid user account with YouTube (see Rule 2 below).
- Contestant must create a 3 minute video (or less) in response to the question "How is Ivy Tech making college affordable?". Refer to Rules 3-4 below for more details regarding the requirements of your video. The video must be uploaded to YouTube between 12:01 a.m. on 05/15/2012 and 11:59 a.m. on 7/13/2012 ("Contest Entry Period").
- The following individuals are not eligible: benefits-eligible employees, contractors, directors and officers of Ivy Tech Community College, YouTube, and each of their respective parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, distributors, web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and Contest agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest collectively, ("Contest Parties"), and the immediate family members (spouse and/or child) and those living in the same households of each.
2. TO ENTER: If eligible, one may enter the contest by:
- Creating a 3 minute (or less) video response to the question, "How is Ivy Tech making college affordable?". Refer to Rules 3-4 below for more details regarding the requirements for your video. In order for the video to be eligible, enter your video in the Contest, log onto the YouTube website and complete the following process between 12:01 am on 5/15/2012 and 11:59 am on 7/13/2012 ("Contest Entry Period").
You must complete the following steps:
- Upload your Video Submission - Once registered with YouTube, create and upload your video on YouTube.
- Submit an Official Entry Form - When you have successfully uploaded your video on YouTube, complete the Official Entry Form. Once your completed entry form is received your video will be screened for content and added to Ivy Tech's YouTube Scholarship channel at http://www.youtube.com/ivytechscholarship. Official Entry Forms that do not include all required information and adhere to the foregoing and following requirements will be considered void and will not be added as a favorite or considered in the judging of this Contest.
If you do not complete the registration steps outlined above, your Submission will not be entered into the Contest or eligible for a prize. Sponsor is not responsible for Entrant's failure to timely complete each step of the registration process. Registration must be completed by 11:59 am on 7/13/2012 or your Submission will not be entered into the Contest. You may enter only one (1) Submission. IMPORTANT: Be sure to save your Submission in the original format after uploading it via the Entry Form. If you are a winner, you will need to provide Sponsor with your Submission in its original format in order for the Submission to be valid.
3. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: As conditions of entry into this Contest and by uploading and entering a Submission:
- Entrant warrants and represents that the Submission
- is original and has been legally created;
- does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party;
- has not been entered in or won previous contests or awards; and
- has not been published or distributed previously in any media.
- Entrant represents that he/she owns all rights to his/her Submission, including, without limitation, the copyrights in the recording and the performance contained therein.
- Entrant further represents and warrants that the Entrant has obtained permission from each person whose name, image, likeness or voice ("Likeness") is included in the Submission, and
- That such person(s) have granted Entrant all necessary rights to use the person's Likeness as described in these rules, and that Entrant can make written copies of such permissions available to the Sponsor upon request. If the Likeness of a minor is included, such grant of rights must include written permission from the minor's parent or legal guardian authorizing the use of the minor's likeness on behalf of the minor.
- By uploading a Submission, Entrant irrevocably grants Sponsor and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees, the unconditional and perpetual right and permission to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used), the Entrant's Submission, including, but not limited to, the recording and the performances contained therein (in each case, as submitted or as edited/modified in any way by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion), as well as to use Entrant's name, likeness, photograph (collectively, "Likeness"), and/or statements regarding his/her participation in this Contest (with or without using the Entrant's name) in any and all media without limitation as to time or territory, and without additional compensation or approval from the Entrant or any other party.
- Entrant waives intellectual property rights, privacy/publicity rights or other legal or moral rights that might preclude the Sponsor's use of the submission, and agrees not to sue or assert any claim against the Sponsor for the use of the Submission or Entrant's Likeness or statements.
- Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold Sponsor, its agencies and their respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders or other partners, and any of their employees (collectively, the "Indemnities"), harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Indemnities due to or arising out of the Entrant's Submission, or the Entrant's conduct in creating a Submission or otherwise in connection with this Contest, including but not limited to claims for trademark infringement, copyright infringement; violation of an individuals right of publicity or right of privacy; or defamation.
- Entrant further agrees to release Sponsor from any and all claims that any advertising subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Sponsor infringes Entrant's rights with regard to any elements, characters or ideas contained in any submission.
4. SUBMISSION FORMAT REQUIREMENTS:
- Additional Requirements: The video must be 3 minutes or less in length, including any tags, and must be uploaded to YouTube between 12:01 am on 5/15/2012 and 11:59 am on 7/13/2012 ("Contest Entry Period"). Once you complete and submit your video, your Submission is final and may not be modified or edited without permission from Sponsor. No Submissions will be returned. The person named as the registered owner of the user account on YouTube associated with the Submission and named on the Contest Registration form for the Submission must match, and that person will be deemed the entrant ("Entrant"), or the registered owner of the user account on YouTube must be the parent or legal guardian of the Entrant. In the event of dispute regarding the identity of an Entrant, dispute will be resolved in favor of the individual who is the "authorized e-mail account holder" of the e-mail address provided when the YouTube user account was created. "Authorized email account holder" is defined as the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (i.e., business, education institution) responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. If there are multiple Entrants in one family, it is preferred that each Entrant submit their Submission with their own unique user account on YouTube, although multiple Entrants in one family are allowed to enter Submissions on one user account on YouTube. If any group of individuals elects to collaborate on a Submission, they are required to designate one (1) representative to enter the Contest and accept the prize on behalf of the group. Neither Sponsor nor any of the Contest Parties are liable for any disputes between collaborators related to a Submission. Please note the following:
- Any elements in your Submission, including without limitation music, audio, speech/voiceovers, stills, video, supers, or other audiovisual materials used must be 1) entirely original, created and performed by you, or 2) be in the public domain. Use of any elements, including without limitation music, audio, speech/voiceovers, video, stills, visuals, or other materials that are not original or in the public domain, may result in disqualification of Submission, in Sponsor's sole discretion.
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Winners will be selected based on the highest number of views on YouTube by noon (EST) on 7/13/2012. The winners will be revealed on Ivy Tech Community College's web-site www.ivytech.edu, Campus Connect and Facebook on July 13, 2012.
6. PRIZES: Contest winners will be eligible to receive the following prizes:
- One (1) Grand Prize: $3,000.00 non-renewable scholarship award to be used towards educational expenses at Ivy Tech Community College for the 2012-2013 school year.
- One (1) Second Place Prize: $2,000.00 non-renewable scholarship award to be used towards educational expenses at Ivy Tech Community College for the 2012-2013 school year.
- One (1) Third Place Prize: $1,000.00 non-renewable scholarship award to be used towards educational expenses at Ivy Tech Community College for the 2012-2013 school year.
- In addition, the Grand Prize, First and Second Place winners' videos will be aired on the Ivy Tech Community College website, subject to Sponsor's right to edit the videos in Sponsor's sole discretion to comply with network guidelines or for any other reason. Limit one prize per person.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All winners will be required to irrevocably assign and transfer to Sponsor any and all rights, title and interest in his/her Submission, including, without limitation, all copyrights, and agree to waive all moral rights in that Submission.
- Winners will be required to complete, sign and return a Consent & Release form. All completed documents must be returned to Sponsor within 7 business days of the date notice was sent or winning status will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. The winners may also be required to sign additional documents, as deemed necessary by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on their respective prizes.
- No substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes are non-transferable.
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest.
- Further, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed to be:
- tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any Sponsor or YouTube;
- violating the Official Rules;
- violating the You Tube Terms of Service, or
- acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- broadcasting content deemed inappropriate by the Sponsor
- Sponsor reserves the right to require a winners to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility as a condition of awarding the prize to help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Contest will not bring Contest Parties into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Participation in this contest does not ensure admission to Ivy Tech Community College.
- The manner in which views are collected on each video is up to the entrant. The Sponsor does not specify any particular methods that are or are not prohibited.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Contest Parties resulting from any user's participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with participating in the Contest.
- No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or Contest Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Contest: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted e-mail transmissions; inaccessibility of the Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Contest.
- Sponsor and Contest Parties are not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Web Site. Use of Web Site is at user's own risk. Sponsor and the Contest Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Web Site or the download of any information from the Web Site.
- By participating in the Contest, the Entrant releases Sponsor and Contest Parties from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such Entrant's participation in the Contest. By accepting a prize in the Contest, winners agree that the Sponsor and Contest Parties shall not be liable for any loss or injury resulting from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize.
- Sponsor and Contest Parties are not liable in the event that any portion of the Contest is cancelled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a "Force Majeure Event"). Should a Force Majeure Event occur, Sponsor may, but is not obligated to, exercise commercially reasonable efforts to air the Grand Prize and Runner-Up Prize winning videos at another time or make a reasonable substitution in its sole discretion.
9. Sponsor: Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana, 50 W. Fall Creek Parkway North Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46208.
Powered by YouTube. YouTube, the YouTube logo, YouTube broadcast yourself are registered trademarks of YouTube Inc