The Ivy Tech Community College Transportation, Distribution and Logistics Institute (TDLI) is a virtual site whose twofold purpose is to expand the awareness of the TDL industry while increasing the utilization of Ivy Tech TDL certified workforce training and education resources. In addition, acting as the single clearinghouse, repository, and distribution/referral center for information relating to Ivy Tech TDL offerings and data across the state on Indiana.
The Institute will:
- Develop, implement and monitor the results outreach campaigns directed toward the TDL industry to increase awareness of credentialed workforce training and education programs available to improve worker productivity while enhancing a company’s competitive position.
- Develop and coordinate an outreach campaign directed to potential students making them aware of opportunities for exciting careers in TDL, the career paths available, the required training or education, and the certification training/education opportunities available through Ivy Tech for the TDL industry.
- Engage TDL industry leaders from across Indiana and across industry segments to make certain the offerings promoted by TLDI are meeting the current and near-term future needs of industry.
- Serve as the expert resource for the latest workforce data required by the Indiana Economic Development Corporation as it seeks to attract and retain TDL businesses for the State of Indiana.
- Distribute information and content to those Ivy Tech Regions offering TDL education and training to businesses and students within their Regions.
- Refer industries and potential students to the Ivy Tech Region that will best have the capability to provide the solution required by the inquiring and interested party.
The purpose of the TDLI is to support, encourage and expand the utilization of TDL related workforce education/training capacity of the two complementary and interconnected components of Ivy Tech Community College:
- Workforce and Economic Development (WED)
Those served by the TLDI will include:
- All segments/sectors of the TDL industry, their workforce and management.
- Individuals seeking the education or workforce certification training required to gain professional entry into a career within the TDL industry.
- Ivy Tech Regions that will offer TDL education/training to their constituencies based on perceived/determined market need.
In order to expand awareness of the critical importance of workforce training to creating competitive TDL enterprises and the opportunities for exceptional careers in the TDL industry focused marketing is required. To this objective the TDLI will originate, implement, and monitor an innovative/aggressive marketing campaign.
The workforce training/education continuum of offerings will traverse from CDL truck driver training, to national certification/credentialed training for front-line workers, to professional designations for mid-management to terminal degree programs to articulated degrees. Additionally, the TDLI will market ancillary training and education related to TDL.