Welborn Foundation Wellness & Fitness Center
The Welborn Foundation Wellness & Fitness Center is the only such center in the Ivy Tech system. A grant awarded by the Welborn Baptist Foundation has allowed students to enjoy these free services for over a decade. It is located on the Evansville Campus in Room 142.
The Fitness Center offers cardio and strength workout areas. It is staffed by professionals trained to design personal workout programs and healthy nutritional choices. The Center is open Monday- Friday and also offers group exercise classes daily. Services include:
- Semi-annual wellness fair with free screenings and educational material;
- Confidential counseling with Renee Rockers;
- Group exercise classes;
- Cybex weight equipment, free weights, kettle bells, medicine balls, stability balls and bands;
- Treadmills, ARC trainers, ellipticals, recumbent bikes, stationary bike, stair stepper and row machine;
- Locker rooms with showers and hairdryers;
- Towel service;
- Personal fitness assessments;
- Personal workout programs;
- Incentive programs to improve muscular strength, cardiovascular endurance, flexibility and weight management;
- Wellness and fitness contests;
- Wellness resource library includes books, videos, etc.;
- Smoking cessation classes;
- Lactation room; and
- Relaxation room.
- Relaxation breathing
- Stress puts your health at risk
All Ivy Tech Southwest students and staff may utilize the Fitness Center with a valid student or employee ID after completing the Client Data Questionnaire and Policies form and taking a tour of the facility. You may also be required to complete a Physician's Statement form.
You have the option of scheduling a more detailed orientation on how to use the exercise equipment. Please allow approximately 25-30 minutes for the orientation and call (812) 429-0585 for an appointment.