Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana of - Richmond provides tutorial assistance in selected areas for students enrolled in classes and students residing in the region enrolled in e-Learning classes through other Ivy Tech sites. This is a free service, and students are encouraged to utilize it. A schedule of available tutoring times is posted each semester in the Learning Resource Center. Appointments are encouraged.
Tutoring is available in:
- English - ENGL 083, 093, and 111 (M. Riley Tuggle - Johnson Hall 1181 x1190, Monday-Thursday 10am-7pm)
- Math - MATH 015, 023, 035, 043, and 118 (Jareb Price - Johnson Hall 1182, x1191, Monday-Wednesday 9am-6pm, Connersville by appointment only)
- Writing Center - Serving all programs - Amber Jones, Director - Johnson Hall 3408 x3408, Monday -Thursday 10am-5pm
- For additional assistance in Language Arts, contact Mary Ramey and Marc Wilson.
- Other assistance may be available. Contact a tutor for more information.
The philosophy of tutoring provided by the region has three basic tenets:
- Tutoring is intended to provide supplemental assistance; it is not intended as the primary vehicle for delivery of instruction.
- Tutoring is a privilege, not a right, of students.
- Students are responsible for being prepared to participate in a tutoring experience.
- Students are expected to have attended class or made a reasonable attempt to learn the material (2 ½ hours per week for a 3 credit class) before requesting tutoring assistance.
- All students are expected to bring their books, materials, and assignments to each tutoring session.
- Come with a list of questions!
- Don't wait until last minute. If you know you have a test on Friday, don't wait until Thursday to come in for help!
- Don't expect the tutors to do the work for you!
Limitations to Tutoring Assistance:
- Tutoring assistance is not available for any type of tests or quizzes unless specific accommodations are in place.
- The Learning Resource Center reserves the right to not provide tutorial assistance to students who do not meet the responsibilities noted above.
For more information, contact Sue Dunn 765-966-2656 x 1188