To view courses available for Distance Education:
- Click on Course Offerings
- Choose desired 'Term'
- Choose desired 'Subject'
- Select desired delivery method in 'Instructional Method' box (e.g. Online only)
- Click 'Class Search'
- Under each course offering in the results, you will see a 'Where' designation. Distance Education online courses are denoted by 'Internet Course'. Select the method you wish to view.
Once a registered student at Ivy Tech: For assistance with registering for classes via Campus Connect, log into Blackboard and go to the Click for Help tab. There you will find a guide to registering via Campus Connect.
Ivy Tech Online offers the following delivery methods:
- Online Only: Course sessions take place online, although students may be required to take exams at an approved proctoring site (no more than two exams for program level courses and no more than four exams for academic skills advancement classes). Most activities can be completed on your own schedule, although the course could involve scheduled activities such as online office hours, chats, or other “real-time” presentations. These activities must be posted on the class schedule at the start of the class and should be optional to students.
- Online and Face-to-Face: Students are expected to attend laboratory, practical, and other activities on campus. The online component includes significant activities which require engagement between faculty and student as well as from student to student. Notes on specific dates and times of meetings will be provided to students through the registration system at the time of registration.
- IP Video: Students attend class at a designated time and place while the instructor may be at a different location. Students and instructors will communicate with each other throughout the scheduled time of the course. This course may be supplemented by online content.
- Online and IP Video: Students in these courses are expected to participate via IP Video as well as the Internet. The required use of video resources and facilities may take place on the student’s home campus.
- Synchronous Online Video: These video courses use IHETS Interactive technology (live webcast) and can be accessed by the student via any broadband connection so they may be able to participate from an off-campus location. A microphone/headset is required as well as a PC/Mac computer meeting the currently published minimum standards. Broadband connectivity (cable modem, DSL, or LAN/T1 or higher) is required. Students with dial-up access will not be able to participate in these classes from home and will need to arrange for viewing site on campus or at a learning center. A webcam may be required by the instructor. Students and instructors will communicate with each other throughout the scheduled time of the course. This course may be supplemented by additional online content, but at least 2/3 of the contact hours are assigned to the synchronous video activities.