On Thursday, September 19 Robert Bibbo won $20,000 to use as start-up funds for his company, American Combat Veteran Clothing. The company provides military-themed clothing and accessories, and Bibbo plans to hire only veterans. Bibbo is an Iraq veteran, serving in 2008-09. Read entire story.
(l–r): Jim Tolbert, Robert Bibbo, Dave Bear, Mary Bear, and Chancellor Jerrilee K. Mosier. See more event photos on Flickr.
ROBERT BIBBO -
AMERICAN COMBAT VETERAN CLOTHING
"American Combat Veteran Clothing is a clothing line designed and made by veterans. We will sell unique military theme shirt designs and accessories. The purpose of this business is to get as many of the nation's disabled and combat veterans back to work as soon as possible."
ADDIE FATH - ADDIE FATH PHOTOGRAPHY
"Addie Fath Photography blends art with the most important moments in your life at a price you can afford."
FAITH MASLONKA - OUTDOOR GEAR FITTERS
"Outdoor Gear Fitters seeks to educate and assist the wants and needs of customers in creating outdoor adventures by utilizing technology, personal experience, and feedback to make the next outdoor excursion as convenient and as cost efficient as possible."
Ivy Tech Community College Northeast's New Venture Competition is a business plan competition that offers students and alumni the chance to win at least $20,000 to launch a new business
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
The New Venture Competition is open to Ivy Tech-Northeast students and alumni who are interested in starting their own business. If you have the passion, we can give you the tools to help you succeed.
- Must have completed 15 credit hours at Ivy Tech-Northeast prior to June 1.
- Sign up for BUSN280 50C "Internship Launch: New Venture," via Campus Connect (CRN: 18240)
HOW IT WORKS
- Over the course of eight (8) weeks, students will create a business plan.
- At the end of the semester, the three best business plans will be chosen by a committee of individuals to move on for final presentations.
- Community mentors will help the remaining contestants refine their business plans.
- The three finalists will present their business plans to a panel of college and community judges.
- One champion will be chosen to win at least $20,000 to launch their dream business.
HOW TO ENTER
Sign up for BUSN280 50C "Internship Launch: New Venture," via Campus Connect (CRN: 18240)
Special thanks to our New Venture Competition sponsor
In collaboration with
Fort Wayne SCORE and Greater Fort Wayne Chamber of Commerce