2014 NEW VENTURE COMPETITION
Have you ever dreamed of starting your own business?
Do you have the entrepreneurial spirit it takes to turn your dream into reality?
Ivy Tech Community College Northeast’s New Venture Competition is a business plan competition that offers students and alumni the chance to win at least $20,000 to launch a new business.
2014 FINALISTS ANNOUNCED
On Thursday, September 18 one of this year's three finalists will win a grand prize worth $20,000 to start her own business. These competitors will make their presentations to a panel of judges the evening of the awards ceremony.
BETH SCHOLER - CAREGIVERS KITCHEN
"All of our past life experiences shape who we are. Whether it is how we were raised, a job, a hobby, or even a menial task—it molds us. It is up to us to take all of those experiences and become who we were meant to be."
HEATHER OVERMYER - EVENTS FROM ABOVE
"'Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above.' James 1:17 — This quote pushes me to know that God gave me a perfect gift, and I want to do the same to others through my skills."
MAGGIE KITCH - PURE POWER NUTRITION
"First you make your habits, and then your habits make you."
HOW IT WORKS
- Over the course of eight (8) weeks, students will create a business plan.
- At the end of the semester, the three best business plans will be chosen by a committee of individuals to move on for final presentations.
- Community mentors will help the remaining contestants refine their business plans.
- The three finalists will present their business plans to a panel of college and community judges.
- One champion will be chosen to win at least $20,000 to launch their dream business.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
The New Venture Competition is open to Ivy Tech Northeast students and alumni who are interested in starting their own business. If you have the passion, we can give you the tools to help you succeed.
- Must have completed 15 credit hours at Ivy Tech Northeast prior to June 1.
- Former students who have achieved alumni status are eligible.
- Enroll in a two-credit hour internship (BUSN280)
HOW TO ENTER
Sign up for BUSN280, section 50C "New Venture Competition Intern," via Campus Connect (CRN: 12631)
WHO TO CONTACT IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS
Jim Tolbert, School of Business Faculty at Jtolbert12@ivytech.edu or 260-480-4249
Erikson Conkling, School of Business Faculty at email@example.com or 260-480-2517
On Thursday, September 19, 2013, Robert Bibbo won $20,000 to use as start-up funds for his company, American Combat Veteran Clothing. The company provides military-themed clothing and accessories, and Bibbo plans to hire only veterans. Bibbo is an Iraq veteran, serving in 2008-09. Read entire story.
(l–r): Jim Tolbert, Robert Bibbo, Dave Bear, Mary Bear, and Chancellor Jerrilee K. Mosier. See more event photos on Flickr.
Special thanks to our New Venture Competition sponsor
In collaboration with
Fort Wayne SCORE