Machine Tool Technology- Program Competencies
- Develop the skills and craftsmanship needed to machine parts to industry standards of tolerance and finish using manual and computer controlled machine tools.
- Read and interpret standard ANSI and ISO blueprints used in the machining industry.
- Use industry standard measuring devices and techniques to measure workpieces.
- Teamwork – Function effectively as a member of a technical team.
- Identify and Solve Problems – Identify, analyze, and solve narrowly defined technical problems.
- Communication – Apply written, oral and graphical communication skill in both technical and non-technical environments; identify and use appropriate tech literature.
- Lifelong learning – Understand the need for , and engagement in, self-directed continuing professional development
- Professional/Ethical/Diversity – Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to address professional and ethical responsibilities, including a respect for diversity.
- Quality, Continuous Improvement – Demonstrate a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.