Industrial Technology- Program Competencies
- Demonstrate knowledge of the basic and emerging principles and concepts that impact the Industrial Technology industry.
- Utilize electrical/mechanical troubleshooting and communication skills to diagnose, repair, test, and return to service failed components.
- Describe the hazards associated with welders, automated processes, industrial machines and motors, to determine appropriate safety methods for working around industrial machinery.
- Teamwork – Function effectively as a member of a technical team.
- Identify and Solve Problems – Identify, analyze, and solve narrowly defined technical problems.
- Communication – Apply written, oral and graphical communication skill in both technical and non-technical environments; identify and use appropriate tech literature.
- Lifelong learning – Understand the need for , and engagement in, self-directed continuing professional development
- Professional/Ethical/Diversity – Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to address professional and ethical responsibilities, including a respect for diversity.
- Quality, Continuous Improvement – Demonstrate a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.