HVAC- Program Competencies
- Students are able to safely and properly install and service typical HVAC systems including distribution systems and controls.
- Students are able to perform system design, layout and material estimates with consideration of energy efficiency, green technology and code principles.
- Students are able to communicate technical information in writing and verbally i.e. written documentation of work performed and describing technical HVAC problems using accepted trade terminology.
- Teamwork – Function effectively as a member of a technical team.
- Identify and Solve Problems – Identify, analyze, and solve narrowly defined technical problems.
- Communication – Apply written, oral and graphical communication skill in both technical and non-technical environments; identify and use appropriate tech literature.
- Lifelong learning – Understand the need for , and engagement in, self-directed continuing professional development
- Professional/Ethical/Diversity – Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to address professional and ethical responsibilities, including a respect for diversity.
- Quality, Continuous Improvement – Demonstrate a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.