Program Educational Objectives
In the years following completion of the AS- EET, students will:
- Transfer to a university and continue education towards a Bachelor's or higher degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or related professional or technical field, and/or…
- Work competently in technical professional jobs related to the field of Electrical Engineering Technology
- Achieve recognition and advancement in work, school, and/or community service consistent with their education.
- Continue professional development through ongoing education, certification, professional society membership, and/or licensing.
Upon completion of the AS- EET, students will be able to:
- Apply knowledge, techniques, modern tools, and skills in the use of electronic components, circuits, programs, and systems.
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to engineering technology problems.
- Conduct standard tests and measurements, and conduct, analyze, and interpret experiments
- Function effectively as a member of a technical team.
- Identify, analyze, and solve narrowly-defined engineering technology problems, such as circuit design, computer programming, and microcontroller interfacing.
- Apply written, oral, and graphical communication skills in both technical and non-technical environments.
- Engage in self-directed continuing professional development.
- Commit to address professional and ethical responsibilities, including a respect for diversity.
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.