CHMT Program Competencies
- Identify potential hazards and apply OSHA safety standards to laboratory operations.
- Operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair laboratory instrumentation in the pursuit of data to be analyzed, summarized, and reported with statistical analysis.
- Employ wet chemical techniques to quantify analytes gravimetrically, titrimetrically, and electrochemically.
- Teamwork – Function effectively as a member of a technical team.
- Identify and Solve Problems – Identify, analyze, and solve narrowly defined technical problems.
- Communication – Apply written, oral and graphical communication skill in both technical and non-technical environments; identify and use appropriate tech literature.
- Lifelong learning – Understand the need for , and engagement in, self-directed continuing professional development
- Professional/Ethical/Diversity – Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to address professional and ethical responsibilities, including a respect for diversity.
- Quality, Continuous Improvement – Demonstrate a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.