Central Indiana (Franklin. Greencastle, Indianapolis, Noblesville)
The Columbus Career Services Office is located in Room 12 in the Poling Building. For questions, please contact:
Lisa Deck at email@example.com or call 812-374-5334
East Central (Anderson, Marion, Muncie, New Castle)
Anderson, Muncie, Marion
Assistant Director of Student Support & Development/Career Services
Ivy Tech Community College-East Central Region
4301 S. Cowan Road
Muncie, Indiana 47302
(Office) 765-289-2291, ext. 1383
Career Services will work in collaboration with students, faculty, staff, and employers to provide appropriate services that promote career exploration that leads to employment or continued higher education. Whether you’re a career changer or just out of high school, Ivy Tech will prepare you for success. Contact Career Services by calling toll free (800) 589-8324 Ext. 1383, or emailing Career Services Director Paul Werling at firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to take a look at our online resources:
- Indiana Career Explorer, an easy online tool available to all Hoosiers to explore their career interests and skills. You can identify occupations, establish educational strategies and ultimately connect to employers.
- HireIvy, where Ivy Tech students and graduates can connect with employers online. This FREE online system is designed for employers to post jobs and students to post resumes and search for
- InterviewStream, contained within HireIvy, an interactive experience for individuals who want to prepare for job interviews. Users of the system can choose their own interview questions, complete self-evaluations, and record their mock interview.
Kokomo (Kokomo, Logansport, Wabash)
Lafayette (Crawfordsville, Lafayette)
800-669-4882, ext. 5612
Career Services will work in collaboration with students, faculty, staff, and employers to provide appropriate services that promote career exploration that leads to employment or continued higher education. Some of the services provided to students through Career Services include:
- Assisting students in the process of identifying personal strengths, interests, and desired outcomes
- Assisting students in selecting suitable academic programs that support the student's career and academic goals and aspirations
- Providing access to current job trends and market information
- Assisting students in the identification of potential employers, job search strategies, preparation of resumes, mock interviews, and guidance in the process of accepting employment
Resources For Students
Students and graduates can connect with employers online by using HireIvy. This FREE online system is designed for employers to post jobs and students to post resumes and search for positions. HireIvy is a college-wide system that covers the entire state and is also a product used nationally, allowing students access to local, regional, state, and national job opportunities.
Contained within HireIvy, InterviewStream is an interactive experience for individuals who want to prepare for job interviews. Users of the system can choose their own interview questions, complete self-evaluations, and record their mock interview.
Career Services also assist students and alumni with:
- Career Exploration and Counseling
- Resume Development
- Job Searching Strategies
In addition to the services and resources provided by the College, students and alumni are encouraged to visit the State of Indiana's employment website: IndianaCAREERConnect.
INDIANA CAREER EXPLORER
Indiana Career Explorer is an easy online tool available to all Hoosiers to explore their career interests and skills. You can identify occupations, establish educational strategies and ultimately connect to employers. Indiana Career Explorer is available at www.indianacareerexplorer.com.
Job Search Handbook
The "Job Search Handbook" was developed by the Career Services staff. Hard copies are available on the literature display in room 2117 of Ivy Hall or by contacting the Career Services Office .
Feel free to print out any pages from this online PDF version for personal use.
The handbook is provided in Adobe Acrobat format. If you do not already have the Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download a free copy.
- Planning Your Career Path
- Career Research
- Search Strategies
- Résumé and Cover Letters
Resources For Employers
Employers are vital to Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana and its students and alumni. The Office of Career Services is committed to the continual development of relationships with employers within the state, as well as regionally, nationally, and internationally.
Employers are encouraged to list employment opportunities with the College's online job posting system, HireIvy. Employers can also search HireIvy's resume books for students and alumni based upon qualifications, degree or credential, and location. Interested employers may log-in to HireIvy.
Employers can post an unlimited number of jobs with the College on HireIvy at no cost. Students and alumni from Ivy Tech's 32 campuses located throughout the state regularly visit HireIvy for up to date employment information.
North Central (Elkhart, South Bend, Warsaw)
Northeast (Fort Wayne)
Northwest (East Chicago, Gary, Michigan City, Valparaiso)
Richmond (Connersville, Richmond)
Southeast Indiana (Batesville, Lawrenceburg, Madison)
590 Ivy Tech Drive
Madison, IN 47250
(812) 265-2580 Ext. 4405
(800) 403-2190 Ext. 4405
50 Walnut Street
Lawrenceburg, IN 47025
(812) 537-4010 Ext. 5303
(800) 715-1058 Ext. 5303
1 Ivy Tech Drive
Batesville, IN 47006
(812) 934-3954 Ext. 5303
(888) 360-0027 Ext. 5303
Southern Indiana (Sellersburg)
Southwest (Evansville, Princeton, Tell City)
Wabash Valley (Terre Haute)