Professional Development and Leadership
* Client Relationship Management Certificate
* Entrepreneurship Certificate
* Nonprofit Board Governance Series
* Creativity Workshops for Professionals
* Strategic Business Growth Certificate
* Blueprint Reading
* Exploratory Welding
* ICD-10-CM/PCS, Medical Coding
* Job Search Strategies
* Legal Nurse Consultant
* Legal Secretary
* ServSafe Food Safety Certification
* Social Media for Business
* Workplace Spanish
ServSafe® Food Safety Certification Prep
ServSafe gives managers the tools to share food safety knowledge and emphasize its critical importance to employees at every level. Major concepts include: sanitation, cross-contamination prevention, temperature control, food storage, cleaning, and pest management. Cost includes textbook and exam voucher.
30185-123 / $179
2 Tuesdays / Apr. 23 & 30, 2013 / 1-5pm
Liberty Crossing, Room M114
2 Mon, June 17&24, 1-5pm
Mon/Tue, August 19 &20, 1-5pm
Orange County Learning Center at Springs Valley
1 Mon, July 8&15, 1-5pm
Educator Retreat: Earn Professional Growth Points through Ivy Tech!
Workshops will be held at Burton Kimble Farms in Orleans, Indiana. This centennial homestead is located in northern Orange County, a 50-minute drive from Bloomington and Bloomfield.
Teacher’s Poetry Kit
Instruction in working in poetry with children of different ages, and an exploration into innovative poetry tools. Topics include quality of good poems FOR children, exercises to invite original poems BY children, and “Bumps, Scrapes & Bruises: Poetry when it Hurts”.
30273-123 / $79
Carol Barrett, Ph.D.
Saturday / Jun. 15, 2013 / 10am-4pm
Burton Kimble Farm
Creativity Workshops for Professionals
Master creative problem solving skills and gain tools that prepare you to survive and thrive. Leap from the growing edge to the cutting edge.
Take these courses if you are:
* Leading a business or looking for ways to innovate
* Tired of brainstorming that goes nowhere and dead-end meetings with few results
* Frustrated with lackluster performance and low morale
* Hoping that your vision for the future will become a reality
* Wanting to actualize your own full creative potential
This Workshop Series will help you to:
* Understand the type of space that encourages and ignites possibility
* Discover your style of creativity and thinking preferences and learn how to leverage it to reach your full potential.
* Explore new possibilities or solve existing challenges and build high organizational engagement
* Complete a one hour practicum applying the knowledge, skills and tools you have learned to a real business/life challenge.
* Use the original Creative Problem Solving Process™ along with the Power of Engagement Model©
All sessions are presented by Ladi Terry.
Master Your Problem Solving Tool Box
Which tools and resources can solve the challenges facing you today, tomorrow and the future?
This session will provide you with the confidence needed to use problem solving tools and techniques that lead to the divergence and convergence of ideas. Experience how each tool integrates with the Creative Problem Solving (CPS) Model™ to get the desired results. Learn facilitation skills to prepare you to successfully use the knowledge from this session on real life issues.
30201-123 / Tuesday April 16, 9-11am
30202-123 / Wednesday April 17, 3-5pm
30203-123 / Thursday April 18, 6-8pm
Liberty Crossing, Room M114 / $44
Drive Change by Integrating Creative Thinking
Pre-Requisite: Transform Polarization into Collaboration
Participants in this session will test their knowledge and skills on a real life challenge that needs creative possibilities. You will be guided through the CPS process to create a vision and strategy, generate possible ideas and choose the best ideas and plan for successful implementation.
30204-123 / Tuesday April 30, 9-11am
30205-123 / Wednesday May 1, 3-5pm
30206-123 / Thursday May 2, 6-8pm
Liberty Crossing, Room M114 / $44