Automotive Program Competencies
- Safety – Demonstrate knowledge and apply practice of Government regulations and Industry safety standards to all tasks and work assignments.
- Shop Tool and Equipment Proficiency– Utilize shop equipment in accordance with all OSHA regulations and manufacturer requirements.
- Diagnostic Tools and Equipment – Demonstrate proficiency in the use of Industry approved diagnostic equipment to analyze and diagnose vehicle systems.
- Teamwork – Function effectively as a member of a technical team.
- Identify and Solve Problems – Identify, analyze, and solve narrowly defined technical problems.
- Communication – Apply written, oral and graphical communication skill in both technical and non-technical environments; identify and use appropriate tech literature.
- Lifelong learning – Understand the need for , and engagement in, self-directed continuing professional development
- Professional/Ethical/Diversity – Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to address professional and ethical responsibilities, including a respect for diversity.
- Quality, Continuous Improvement – Demonstrate a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.